Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rezound Cannot Find GPS
jmcculla

Hello, Rezound-ers,

I have enjoyed my Rezound for several months, replacing an Incredible.  Lately, my Rezound will not find the GPS signals, and constantly searches for them (trying to use Google Maps/Navigation).  So, without finding the signals, Navigation won't work.  But, when I turn my Incredible back on, it finds the GPS signals almost immediately.  Has anyone been encountering this problem with the Rezound?  Do you have a recommendation?  I downloaded GPS Status, but that doesn't seem to help, and points out no satellites at all. 

Thank you for any advice!

0 Likes
Re: Rezound Cannot Find GPS
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Is the GPS settings turned on in the ReZound?  I have had good luck with using GPS Test from the Play Store to verify the GPS satellites.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
michaeljtimko

I have had this problem too.  I never leave the GPS turned on, but the phone does remind you to turn it on when you try to use the GPS.  The couple of times I have use the Google Navigation beta it has been hit or miss.  Some days it works and some days it wants to sleep in.  @Ann, I will have to download that program from the Play Store.

0 Likes
jmcculla

Thank you, Ann154 and Michaeljtimko for your replies.  I downloaded GPS Test, and found it to be helpfu - good visual on the GPS finding hte satellites.  Michael, I had your experience today.  My Rezound wanted to find the satellites today, and locked in fairly soon.  Not as quick as the Incredible, but it worked today. I will try the Navigation again on errands today, and see it stays on.  I am still interested in others having this issue and any fixes you have identified.  Thank you.

0 Likes
HiLow

Anyone find out the answer to this? Navigation never connects to GPS and Maps is always off by 5-10 miles - everything is updated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi HiLow,

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issues begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Does the issue occur with every route? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HiLow

Issues have been going on for about 2 months now.

No new downloaded applications at that time. (i'm a simple user, phone, gps, text msg, email)

This occurs all the time. my GPS has been down for about 2 months - even leaving it on for hours, it never locks into any satellites.   I've downloaded GPS Status to verify and GPS Status never locks into any satellites - It detects 12 satellites but never successfully locks to any of them.

0 Likes
rezhound

I have the same issue. The GPS does not locate a satellite even after leaving it on for a long time. It worked for one day in the last two weeks. This frustrates me to no end. I can't use run tracking apps or the maps. Verizon or HTC please fix it.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Novice

Pull the battery when the unit is ON.

Reboot and clear cache out in Google maps app.

0 Likes