Rezound ICS OTA?
roknir

So, HTC published information about the ICS OTA for the HTC Rezound on June 20 and it was promptly taken down.  When can we expect to see the ICS OTA pushed out, Verizon?

I've been through 3 replacement Rezounds now because of problems and had my phone wiped in your hands countless times.  I'd love to see something go as planned.

0 Likes
Re: Rezound ICS OTA?
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Post deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Latest word from HTC is June/July, so hopefully they will push it out soon.

0 Likes
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Comment deleted for discussion of moderation per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rezoundrocks
Enthusiast - Level 1

come on Verizon!  Some kind of communication would be nice please!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone! We do not have a date for ICS on the Rezound at this time. Once we have info available, you'll find details on vzw.com/support under device. ^MSF

0 Likes
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

why doesnt verizon say the truth . they arent upgrading the rezound or any other android based phone to ICS except for the Motorola line of products, becuase you can always just buy a new SIII or incredible HD to help add to your bottom line . Insted of dragging us along .

I was in an ATT store before, explained the issues with Rezound and ICS and Verizon ..... their setting me up on a good deal for 10 HTC One X phones at a great business discount at 125.00 per phone and guess what VERIZON they have ICS with Sense 4 on it . once monday comes and the account is finalized im canceling my verizon business account and ebaying 9 of my rezound phones and then completely smashing the hell out of the other one with a hammer and sending it to Verizon corporate here in jersey with a note saying thanks for the lies and contractual betrayal & deceptions for all these years. My last post will be of my att phones.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Well Sith77, I am not as P.O.ed as you, but I will follow suit in couple of months when my contract ends if Verizon has not resolved these OS issues on my rezound. I have had 5 rezounds, some were replaced at first due to OS problems, that did not fix it. Some were my own fault, water damage, etc, but all have had the same issues. Bootlooping, freezing, crashing to the point of having to pull the battery. I have taken them to Verizon, they have confirmed that none of my apps should be causing a conflict with the OS. I have been browsing the forums, looks like this is now a ICS OS for the rezound that is working and all bugs have been worked out. So I am also seeing as Verizon is holding back the update, not seen anything to prove otherwise. So far my rezounds have not been reliable, as for all the users who talk about being patient, they must have the select few rezounds that have no issues. If fact one of the "Be Patient" people let it slip that they already have ICS on their phone. They did not get it from Verizon, so they were not very patient now were they.. (LOL). I am thinking as other carriers catch up with big red as far as service area, Verizon they will start to lose a fair amount of business. Alot of people stay with Verizon cause of their service area, that is the reason we buy cell phones right?, but as Verizon lose that advantage, with the games they are playing. People find another carrier with more stable phones. Just my two cents.

0 Likes
Rick-In-NC

Looking at the overall picture, I'm inclined to believe that VZW and HTC have had a little spat and we're the ones to suffer from their disagreements. Both companies have a lot of clout in the wireless industry and both have an enormous amount of potential, hence there is the power struggle for positioning in a very lucrative industry. It's a constantly fluctuating pool of power and right at the moment VZW is swinging their "thing" in the face of HTC. Samsung, Motorola and HTC all get their turn in due time.

The Rezound is an absolutely amazing piece of technology and I truly do enjoy mine. For the life of me I can not understand why VZW is not proud of having it on its list of devices. It has an excellent display and sound and I have to admit, mine has been flawless in its reliability. The area I live in will probably be the last on the list to get a tower upgrade to 4G LTE and I look forward to that day. When I visit the city and its 4G LTE service I really love this phone.

So, come on VZW, July 31 is quickly creeping to the end of the upgrade window. Make me proud to say "My service provider is Verizon Wireless and they offer the best in devices." Work it out with HTC and fulfill all our dreams!

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I would be ecstatic if I was running ICS by 7/31, but I am not feeling that love right now. (LOL)

0 Likes