Rezound - music missing from music app?
sk8ergun234

With my phone, I originally brought in songs from my computer, just normal mp3 files w/o cover art or anything. I recently started using amazon mp3 and after i bought and downloaded a song from there, songs seem to be disappearing from my music app. when i look in the folder on my computer of my music (mp3 folder), the songs are in there. Though, when i disconnect the sd card from the computer, the songs still aren't visible for whatever reason and eventually are deleted completely off my phone. I know others have had problems similar to this, is there any way to fix it???

0 Likes
Re: Rezound - music missing from music app?
painedwulf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have ES File Explorer? Also, you said the files are deleted off your phone however I am unclear as to whether or not they erase from the SD card when you remove it and plug it into your pc. Do you have ICS installed yet, or are you still using Gingerbread?

Message was edited by: Anthony Raines

0 Likes
sk8ergun234

no i have astro file manager, it shows songs in there too and i can play them but for some odd reason theyre not showing up in my actual app or play music or amazon mp3

0 Likes
sk8ergun234

My phones only been keeping around 65 songs shown and idk why

0 Likes
sk8ergun234

yeah, ive been using ics and well when they first disappear from the music app theyre still on the card via computer or a file browser but after a while i think my phone just deletes them from the card because they eventually are gone....

0 Likes
painedwulf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try downloading the App X-plore from the play store. Then take your SD card out and plug it into your computer and open to view files. Verify the name of the file your songs are stored in then copy the songs from your pc into that file replacing any duplicate files. Put the card back in the phone and turn on. Open X-plore and make sure you are on the right hand side of the program, touch, + next to /sdcard/ext_sd (sdcard2), touch the + next to your music folder, touch the greyed check mark to the right of the folder then touch the (now red) check mark again (this will check all the files within that folder), now on the left side of the App touch the + next to /sdcard (sdcard), find the media folder and touch the +, touche the + by Music, go back to the right hand side of the App and on the left of that screen look for and touch Copy, a screen will pop up with copy to /sdcard/media/Music and you press ok. Files may take a bit to transfer but they will. Open the pre-installed App named Music and see if the songs are listed and playable (it will need to Sync so might take a bit). If not try uninstalling your amazon mp3 app. It might not allow songs without album covers to play thinking they are corrupted or illegal and will not recognize them. You may want to do it with only 20 or 30 songs to save time if it doesn't work.

0 Likes
painedwulf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure to check your memory availability for Phone storage. Home Screen>Menu>Settings>)scroll down) Storage.

0 Likes
sk8ergun234

Alright, so i dont actually take out my sd care i just mount it to the computer and go from there. And going with the xplorer thing, my mp3 folder is located in the first sd card (sdcard/mp3) and my music folder is also located in the same general area (sdcard/music). im not sure if this makes a difference though.I just finished copying the music from mp3 folder to music folder, and i unmounted then remounted my sd via settings, but still no go 😞 it just shows 2 copies of the songs that are already shown... do you have any other ideas?

0 Likes
sk8ergun234

Actually i may have found a temporary fix . I tried moving the mp3 folder from the sdcard2 to the other sdcard. Some songs are still missing but i think i can manage until they fix it

0 Likes
optic0n

Get the PowerAMP app. Way better than the default Music app that comes with the phone.

0 Likes