Rezound notification/alarm sounds change randomly
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anybody else noticed these sounds changing randomly?  I had an email arrive one night, and instead of my normal simply beep...it started randomly playing a podcast.  Needless to say, my wife is not amused with my new phone.  This morning, instead of being awoken by my typical song that starts off slow, and slowly builds...it randomly changed to a song that starts off with a loud screeching sound.

Of course, now that I am outside of my return period, my wife is threatening to throw my phone across the room if it wakes her up in the middle of the night with a frightening sound again.  Any thoughts?  I know there are more people with this problem, as I saw it listed as one of the "other widespread" problems on the XDA forums (http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1342600.html).

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Rezound notification/alarm sounds change randomly
B33
Legend

Check your Apps you could have an bad app that's causing the Issue. Make sure it's from a good source.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really don't have a lot of apps, and the ones I added are from reputable sources. They all worked fine on my Moto Droid. One thing I noticed was HTC seemed to mess up the SD card so apps think the internal memory is the removable SD card. Not sure if that problem could be related (Amazon music and Mediafly are the ones that come to my mind).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that was a Motorola phone were your current is HTC... Tidbits is on here he might know what could be causing this an if Wildman is on here he could probably Tell you as well. Sometimes when files get messed up or corrupted they can cause many issues an this might possibly be the issue.  Have you tried doing a System Cache Clear sometimes doing clear of the cache can help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are all your notifications tones custom ones?  Are the custom tones saved in the following folder structure?  This is the default folders that I have found that Android defaults to looking in first after the system folders and will automatically add the tones to the proper selections lists.

(Internal or the SD card memory):\media\audio\ringtones

(Internal or the SD card memory):\media\audio\notifications

(Internal or the SD card memory):\media\audio\alarms

I did have a similar issue with my Thunderbolt after a system update.  I was finally able to clear the issue up by clearing all the data in the "HTC Sense" app.  I had to set up all my homescreens, wallpaper, and ringtones all over again.  It was worth the effort since it was wasn't full factory reset.  Of which I was planning to do if the data clearing didn't work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ann, I will take a look at that tonight. Unfortunately I don't control some of the paths as they are MP3s downloaded by Amazon and Mediafly. These apps don't allow me to change the default location for their downloads. To make matters worse, the way HTC designed this it defaults to internal memory instead of my external SD card on my old Motorola phone.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I haven't done anything except install the OTA update, and no random changes for 2 days now. I will keep an eye on it...and keep my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe you should try the Rezound thread instead of the Thunderbolt thread.

0 Likes
wasabifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps I would if there were a Resound forum. Verizon has not created one that I have found.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Perhaps you should try just the generic "Android" board since most people in the Tbolt forum will have a Tbolt, not a Rezound.  Maybe you could get more hits and get an answer that helps you.  Good luck.

0 Likes