Rezound really messed up
Darklight

So since the ICS update my Rezound, which is my original one bought in March I think, has had so many issues it's not even funny. Where to begin?

-For at least 4 months now I NEVER get notifications or sounds when I get txt msgs or emails (I use gmail and handcent)

-Recently it started to not even ring when people call. They just get sent right to voice mail.

-4G keeps kicking out, and even when it says I have it, it can take up near 10min for a mobile site to load, if at all. And it loads incorrectly if it does.

-I get random resets, where it will loop-reset till I have to pull the battery to make it stop.

-I can't upload photos to things like facebook, tumblr, emails, txt msgs, etc. They just crash and give me errors.

-When I get it to reset with no problems I get errors saying theres "no sim card" and "no service is available". If I shut off the screen and turn it back on, the errors are gone, and the phone looks like normal.

-My battery life if all of about 6hrs if I'm lucky, and that's with minimal use.

So pretty much my phone is a very expensive paper weight.

I thought about going to my local Verizon, but I know exactly what will happen. I'll walk in, be told that none of the staff have EVER heard of these problems, and apparently I did something to my phone. Then I'll be offered a referb, which in my case always ends up being just as messed up as the first one. And if I ask for a different model I'll loose my unlimited data plan and be forced into one of the limited plans, which I do not want, at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Rezound really messed up
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This is not typical behavior for the Rezound, but I would suggest the first place to start would be with a factory data reset.  If that doesn't fix it, I wouldn't think even a CLNR would be that bad.  I have had a handful of them in the past and have never had an issue with them.

0 Likes
Re: Rezound really messed up
CGiraldo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Humm, i just bought mine and i have the exact same issues as described above. Any chance that there is a bad batch of rezounds? I upgraded from a Razor and let the sales rep talk me into changing phones.

Anyone have a recommendation if i should exchange my rezound for a different one or should i go back to a Razor and why?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cgiraldo, thanks for posting. Are you still having issues with your device? When does your WFG date expire?^SP

0 Likes
OSU_Big_Toe

I have three Rezound's on my account. 2 from April and one factory re certified from October. All have the same issue that are described. I have been beyond frustrate, espcially when I was told by a level 2 tech that it was a "network issue" not a phone issue. I just want a device that works. Can someone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi OSU_Big_Toe,  We want you to experience the reliable connection you have come to expect!  Have these concerns arisen since the Ice Cream Sandwich update or since you have had the phones?  To confirm, only one device has been replaced since April?  Let's get to the bottom of this and work towards a solution!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes