Rezound starts conference call out of the blue when in call and have to press a number
murf751

Hi,

Rezound starts conference call out of the blue when in call and have to press a number

2 Months ago, my Rezound started opening a conference call when I press a digit while on the phone. For example, when I am checking my house voice mail and press 2 to hear my messages. My phone instantly opens a conference call with "2", and instantly makes an "eeerrrttt eeerrrttt eeerrrttt " beeping buzzing error tone.

I have spoken to customer support. They sent me a recycled rezound which I still have the same trouble with. I asked them for a new sim card but they wouldnt send me one with the new phone. Maybe that would fix this? I dont see how 2 phones can have the same odd problem, that nobody else seems to have.

Below pic: Called google voice, entered password, password opened a new call to my 5 digit password? This just happens to me???

Verizonfailconf.png

Thx,

-Jamie

0 Likes
Re: Rezound starts conference call out of the blue when in call and have to press a number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

murf751, your phone sounds possessed! Have you downloaded any applications to your device from the Android Market? Some third party applications can affect the performance of your device. I recommend that you delete any unwanted applications in Settings and then power cycle your device off/on. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Rezound starts conference call out of the blue when in call and have to press a number
murf751

Thanks for the reply. I did consider that, in fact I figure its either a 3rd party app or its the sim. I absolutely cannot seem to find which app could be causing this. The biggest problem is that its totally random. It happened today to me while I was at the Dr with my Mother. Had to call her other Dr. I called the number, pressed 1 to speak with the right department, it opened a new line and dialed 1 and switched to it by itself! I lost the call and merging the 2 calls still does not allow me back to the real call. Its astounding! The worst thing is it ONLY seems to happen when I am making an important call. The MOST important calls I make ALWAYS have this happen. When I left that Dr. office, I called that other Dr again and pressed 1 again and it worked perfect. If a phone can be possessed, then I do indeed believe my phone is suffering from demonic possession! I would gladly share all the logs and stuff. I think Verizon or HTC need to figure this one out for the sake of humanity...

ps; I did change from global mode to CDMA/LTE before I tried again today. Maybe thats related?

Thx,

-Jamie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi murf751,

We appreciate the additional details. This definitely seems like a third party application. Have you attempted to run the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/vDpqOD to see if issue can be dictated? If issues is unable to produce with this, an application could be the cause. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dictated? Don't you mean duplicated?

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi murf751,

We appreciate the additional details. This definitely seems like a third party application. Have you attempted to run the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/vDpqOD to see if issue can be dictated? If issues is unable to produce with this, an application could be the cause. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, pretty sure he meant the phone will tell you what the issue is while in safe mode.

0 Likes