Rhapsody
Joebok
So like many, I'm struggling with battery life on the Thunderbolt. I've been doing a test today, rebooted it and let it sit - not using it for anything (except to periodically check the battery level). At 50%, I checked the batter detail and I saw that Rhapsody had used 3% of the charge. I don't have a Rhapsody account and have never used the app. It was preinstalled so I can't get rid of it. There is no obvious (to me) start-up task for it that I can disable. If I can't uninstall it, I would at least like to completely disable it. Anybody know how? (Without compromising the system I mean - I'm not willing to go that far yet.) Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rhapsody
random64
Contributor - Level 2

That's pretty interesting.  I checked my TB and Rhaphsody wasn't running (Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Running).  So, I started Rhaphsody.  Like most pre-loaded bloatware, it goes through a demo and asks whether you want to download it.  I said no and escaped to the home screen.  Re-checking running apps, I did notice it still there.  I didn't have time to check whether it was drawing batt current but I did, however, do a Power Button-->Restart(Close all apps and restart the phone), and Re-Re-checked running apps and Rhaphsody wasn't there anymore.

I wonder if "someone" downloaded the real Raphsody to your phone?  You can do ..-->Manage Applications-->Downloaded to check if it was.  By the way, I think this "Battery Use-->What has been using the battery" is such a cool feature.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

That's pretty interesting.  I checked my TB and Rhaphsody wasn't running (Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Running).  So, I started Rhaphsody.  Like most pre-loaded bloatware, it goes through a demo and asks whether you want to download it.  I said no and escaped to the home screen.  Re-checking running apps, I did notice it still there.  I didn't have time to check whether it was drawing batt current but I did, however, do a Power Button-->Restart(Close all apps and restart the phone), and Re-Re-checked running apps and Rhaphsody wasn't there anymore.

I wonder if "someone" downloaded the real Raphsody to your phone?  You can do ..-->Manage Applications-->Downloaded to check if it was.  By the way, I think this "Battery Use-->What has been using the battery" is such a cool feature.

0 Likes
Joebok
Thanks, Random64 - that was it. When you said "somebody" must have downloaded the real app, I remembered that when I was messing with AppBrain it thought there was an "update" for Rhapsody (among a bunch of other apps) -- which I applied. I uninstalled the update and now just have the basic demo-Rhapsody which doesn't have the problem. Many thanks!
0 Likes