Rhyme freezes, won't load and is generally slow
jennbenn19

I've had my Rhyme for a little over a year now and I have begun to hate it! At first the phone was great, it did everything I wanted and ran smoothly. Now it takes FOREVER for anything to load, if it loads at all, it constantly shuts itself off, reloads, freezes and is so slow now it's just a general pain to work with. Web pages rarely fully load they get to about 75% then just stop, same happens with upgrades or new installs sometimes.  Loading the camera takes long enough that spontaneous pics are impossible; games constantly freeze and/or run unbelievably slow and sometimes it won’t even let me answer an incoming call or make an outgoing one. I have restarted it umpteen times, cleared data, moved and uninstalled apps to no avail. I have 126 MB left in internal storage but some apps it won’t let me move to storage on my card which has 6.3 GB of memory left. I keep hearing from friends and family that I have to much stuff on the phone but given my memory amounts above I can’t believe that is possible and if it is than this phone holds squat!! As far as I can tell my software is up to date with version 2.20.605.13.71ORD so that is not the issue, I’m frustrated beyond belief and have to keep myself from throwing it across the room on a daily basis!

0 Likes
Re: Rhyme freezes, won't load and is generally slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jennbenn19,

Let's get your phone out of the ice age and unfreeze that Rhyme. Based on what you've described this could very well be a memory issue. To touch on that, applications cannot be moved to the SD card however you may wish to move other media or delete it all together to make sure memory isn't the case. Another thing I would recommend is safe mode http://vz.to/yAHjEJ . That will disable third party apps so you can know whether or not an app is threatening your device's performance. Please keep us updated.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes