Ringtone Problem since GB Update
crystalce

I love the Gingerbread update, BUT...

since the update, my assigned ringtones aren't working.  When someone calls, the assigned ringtone plays for whoever was the last caller before that.  I tried going in and reassigning all of my ringtones, but it didn't work.  From Facebook, I know that I am not the only person having this problem.

Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone Problem since GB Update
thesonicboom
I have the same issue, Verizon took my info, but hasn't contacted me about it yet. I have tried a soft reboot and a total recovery and nothing. And i still have some problems that were in the .3 update like the slow or inop phone dialer and messaging app that sometimes doesnt work.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried clearing the cache for the Phone, dialer and Peoples apps...   Go to Settigs / Applications / Storage Use / Phone (or whichever option) / Clear Cache, I wouldnt be suprised if old app settings is causing the issue, also have anyone tried a hard reset?

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

For the heck of it try "unsyncing" from Facebook. That sync has seemed to cause a lot of problems with the tbolt.

0 Likes
thesonicboom
Just got off the phone with htc and they said they are aware of the problem and are working at a fix. no eta??? I have triedtsoft reset hard reset factory reset taking all ringtones off, factory reset and then reapply ringtones and nothing. I'll try the cache
0 Likes
crystalce

Did that as per HTC support...no luck.  Also did a factory reset.  Still same problem.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Funny...I posted about this issue back on October 24th and the Verizon rep posted some goofy instructions to "fix" the issue.  No surprise that they don't check things out on their end.  You know, when you assign a ringtone it should stay assigned...what's so hard to understand Verizon?

Don't worry everyone, this issue will be fixed --- wait for it --- soon!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TBoltOwner wrote:

Funny...I posted about this issue back on October 24th and the Verizon rep posted some goofy instructions to "fix" the issue.  No surprise that they don't check things out on their end.  You know, when you assign a ringtone it should stay assigned...what's so hard to understand Verizon?

Don't worry everyone, this issue will be fixed --- wait for it --- soon!

Have you tried moving your ringtones to the folder structure that I posted in your earlier thread? http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Assigning-Ringtones/m-p/707193

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

The point is - I shouldn't have to go through mutiple gyrations to get this to work - and now it is recognized as a "legitimate" issue.  

0 Likes
drecien
I'm on my fourth one and its getting very old...but after the last swap this one has none of the other issues I was having...but the dam ringtone thing now bugs me enough to cancel service...I enjoy every caller having a different tone, I don't have to run grab the phone...but maybe thunderbolt 2 will fix all that...
0 Likes