Ringtone
megsgram

I recently bought the Thunderbolt. On my old phone I had a ringtone I had downloaded from Verizon. Does anyone know how I could get my old ringtone on to the Thunderbolt?

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
How are you receiving the ringtone from Verizon?

If it came in a text message, long press the white space around the attachment to open an option menu and select Save (attachment/ringtone).

You can then use the Music application to set the sound as a ringtone.

You can also search through this website for a more complete and detailed information on setting up the ringtones in the default folders for the phone to look for and recognize ringtones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
akilalim

THe easiest way is to create an audio folder on your SD card. In that folder, have two folders : one called ringtones and the other called notifications. You can then add as many ringtones as you want to either folder. Then when you go to change your ringtone on your phone, you should see something that says new ringtones, press that and your ringtones should show.

Also, you can use itunes to create your ringtones for free. once created you can drag your new ringtones to the folders on your SD card.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

First thing that may need to be asked is what device did you come from because if the device wasnt a smartphone the audio files may be in a unsupported format....  What device did you have and what format is the audio files....  If they are MP3 or OGG the method Ann gave should bet you going but if they are a diffrent format then you may have to download and convery them to a supported format and then use method instructed....

Another way is to create a Media / Audio / Ringtones folder under the root of the drive and all save all audio files there and this will allow you to access the files under the stock alert menu on device..  This also works for Notifications, Alerts and Alarms, just place folder and files under the Media / Audio / directory.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies.

OP/ If you previously purchased a ringtone directly from Verizon Wireless you can login to My Verizon and under Media Retrieval you can see the history of your media purchases.  You can select the desired ringtone and repurchase it for your new device.

0 Likes