Ringtones Not Applying .....
LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to use my new downloaded ringtones which I have on my phone but they're not working. My new ringtones  are  a file I downloaded at the google store. After changing  to my new ringtone then clicking 'applying', the OLD default ringtone still plays. I even tried rebooting the phone after applying the new ringtone and this did not help. Also I have even taken the battery out and this doesn't help problem either.

Am I stuck with using only all default sounds? Smiley Sad Anyone knows why my new downloaded ringtones are not being applied?

Also, I have created custom ringtones and they cannot be applied either.

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones Not Applying .....
LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

My new ringtones are now finally working. Smiley Happy

The notification sounds are just the problem right now. I have my own song to use as a notification when a new text comes in. I have applied the new song so many times, the default sound still plays. My notification sound by the way is a 7 minute song and I converted it to mp3 format.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Why don't you use a ringtone trimmer app and shorten that sucker up? Maybe it's just too big to use.

0 Likes
LDS_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there everyone, everything is working perfect right now. I actually feel like a IDIOT. My daughter went into the PERSONALIZED section of the phone. In personalized there happens to be a section where you can change default sounds. Before, I kept applying my sounds through the SETTINGS sound section of the phone, lol. Now I understand it MUST be done through the personalization menu.

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see why that even matters. The phone is all kinds of stupid now, having read this I am sure I just managed to fix my own notification change to actually work. However, I'd like to note that my default sound was changed but the message sound was not even though there are no other notifications besides that. Since the update to the phone all the settings have been all wonky and not functioned properly (in my opinion.) The sound for messages should be the same as default... given that I am changing the 'notification sound' in settings. I hope this actually applies because with the new sound settings combined its just getting stupid

0 Likes