Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOFTWARE UPDATE CAUSING PHONE TO BE SLOW
Spencer62

A few months ago there was a major software update and my phone became very very slow and a month later there was another software update that made my phone a little less slow, since then I have not seen any updates or improvement.

I have removed my battery several times.  Are there any other methods?

0 Likes
Re: SOFTWARE UPDATE CAUSING PHONE TO BE SLOW
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately no. There's been no more updates that I'm aware of and being that it's 2 years old there probably wont be any future support for the tbolt. It's a bit of a hassle, but a factory reset should get it running pretty smooth again. Over time as we add more apps, pics, texts, emails, etc....these devices get bogged down. A reset will clean it up but you will lose everything that's not stored on the sd card. It restores it to like the day you bought it.

0 Likes
barbarian25

I had the same issues with my phone, and decided to do a factory reset on it. It is now working just like it used to before. It is frustrating to realize that was caused by an update, which is meant to help and not to create issues. Just try the factory update, and see how it goes. Again, it worked with mine! I could hardly perform any activity on my phone before, to the point when I had already decided to get a different phone with another provider.

I have to say I now love my TB again!

God luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dear Spencer62,

Good afternoon. I know how frustrating it can be when you experience difficulties with your device. I completely agree, a software update is meant to help your device instead of causing issues.

It's great to hear your phone is now working great. I also want to thank you for providing a great suggestion to fix issues users may be experiencing after a software update. Spencer62 have you tried a master reset on your device? If not, please do so. Before performing a master reset on the device, please ensure the content on the device is backed up. To learn how to do a hard reset on your phone click http://vz.to/1bsaMVw If you are still experiencing difficulties with your device, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lowcarb

Dear Verizon Support

Like SO many others my Thunderbolt went from working like a charm to being a nightmare. 

It was unusable after the upgrade to ICS  in February.  I went through all of the work and time to do the Factory Reset and recover only the apps that I needed the most. 

The phone worked better then, but only sometimes.  I still have many times when it is unresponsive.

Just this morning I could not get it to dial a call.  I tried many times.  No response.  I set the phone down in frustration and almost 2 minutes later it placed the call, much to my surprise.

I'm totally frustrated with the continued poor performance of this phone since Android 4.x was FORCED onto it.

I'm a very dissatisfied customer.

0 Likes
Spencer62

My phone is not working great. I am considering buying the Motorola

Maxx Hd. How ever at the Verizon store here the sales person told me that he is seeing lots of the Motorola razor phones come back with issues. I wonder if he is being dishonest because he wants to sell me a phone with a better profit margin as he probably works on commission. Can you advise me is the Motorola razor maxx Hd is really having any such issues?

Jenny

0 Likes
Spencer62

And the other reason I am thinking to upgrade is because my battery is now not holding a charge. I have had my phone over 2 years now

Jenny

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i know plenty of people with the maxx hd and they love it. it appears to be a solid device. if you go through any forum for any make and model, you'll find some people with issues, but i don't think the maxx has any more issues than any other phone.

0 Likes
dickerson

I have the same issues with my Thunderbolt since the major update.  Can you tell me if I were to do the factory reset or the master reset what operating system will be on it?  Will it be what was on it when I bought it originally?  If so, if I decide I want ICS, would I be able to get it?

Thank you

Toni

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

dickerson wrote:

I have the same issues with my Thunderbolt since the major update.  Can you tell me if I were to do the factory reset or the master reset what operating system will be on it?  Will it be what was on it when I bought it originally?  If so, if I decide I want ICS, would I be able to get it?

Thank you

Toni

When you factory reset an android device, it will have the newest most current version of the OS (Android 4.0.4, ICS) at a factory state. It won't go back to the FroYo (Android 2.2) it was originally released on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes