Secondary Camera - turn off mirror mode and it goes upside down
kryton

When I switch from the main camera to the secondary camera, it alwasy comes up in mirror mode, not remembering that I changed that setting last time.  Why can't it remember I turned off mirror mode?

AND

with mirror mode on, i can rotate the phone between portrait and landscape and it maintains up/down orientation of the picture correctly, but when I turn off miror mode and hold the thunderbolt in portrait position, the picture is upside down.  When I rotate it to landscape, it is right side up.  I take the picture in portrait anyway, and it gets saved as upside down.  (my friends wonder why I sent them a picture of myself standing on my head) The icons seem to track OK, knowing which way is up/down as I rotate the phone with the secondary camera selected and mirror mode off, but the picture seems to have an obstinate streak, rotating the oposite direction of the icons.

My best guess is a software bug, a + where there should be a - in the math for portrait to landscape rotation orientation?

Why is mirror mode = off the only thing in the phone where the up/down/rotation does not work correctly?

Anyone else experience this, or does this indicate I have a secone DOA phone? or is there a workaround?

THX

0 Likes
Re: Secondary Camera - turn off mirror mode and it goes upside down
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine does the same thing. honestly though, i never noticed until i read this post. i'm not familiar with mirror mode, but why would you ever need to turn it off? what does turning it off do (besides mess up the orientation)? why not just leave it on?

0 Likes
kryton

mirror mode flips the camera image right/left, like it was taken in a mirror.  I guess its there so that you can fix your makeup before going on skype?  but then the the burger king sign in the background has reversed letters, the logo on my t-shirt looks funny backwards, my hair is parted on the wrong side, etc.  I end up having to offload the images to my PC, open them in a editor program to either flip the right/left or rotate the image 180 deg to put everything correct.  I find it annoying that the image has to be corrected externally to be correct.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i see. looks like a bug. hopefully they'll fix it (with all of the others!) when they release an update.

0 Likes