Tidbits
Legend

You're* auto correct lol

0 Likes
Re: Sense 6.0 HTC One Max
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDTR,

I understand this is frustrating and one month could be a bit too long. You can definitely go back to your iPhone in the meantime and once it's released go back to the HTC. You can change the device online, http://vz.to/1f2MULb.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
JDTR
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK. The lesson here is .... don't buy any phones that is not a FLAGSHIP device. it will be ignored as always.

I am very disappointed with Verizon on this one. hope they could do better next time

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's in the certification phase. Verizon isn't involved with this process. FCC, WiFi, and Bluetooth, CMDA(Qualcomm requires this per licensing agreement), and some other things need to be approved before it ends up in Verizon hands for any kind of testing gletting alone pushing it out.

0 Likes
vinopup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remind me to switch to Sprint.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You should switch to Sprint.  I have explained the FCC process before.  It all comes down to when and who it was given to when submitted.  If something military or governmental is put in everything stops and that is taken care of.  So if they finished Sprints testing and then didn't finish AT&T and Verizon version then there will be a a delay.  It's hard to say what the hold up is.  It's always easier to blame the carrier for everything though.

Also Sprint, and Verizon uses different RIL and HAL's which makes a difference.

0 Likes
vinopup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not arguing with someone i don't even know on a ridiculous Verizon

thread. Verizon is last on everything Android.

Data678
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried asking same question via Twitter and you are correct, they answer everyone else's questions except for this one.... When will htc one max receive the sense 6 update..... They blatantly ignore this one!! It's so sad!! Finally called customer care and at least I got a answer, not the one I was hoping, but a answer none the less. Who knows when we will receive it. My wife has the HTC One and has already had sense 6 update, it's a nice, really nice UI overhaul. So for now who knows, Verizon reps need to be retrained in customer relations....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola updated the MotoX first on Verizon. Also there were a few other devices that got updates on Verizon before AT&T and T-Mobile released an update. They are not always the last.

JDTR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chat transcript removed as required by the

Now htc is pointing verizon regarding this sense 6.0 issue on the One Max. Now can we get answers from verizon please? Smiley Happy  the other One series have it for 3 months now. and we max users are still in 5.5.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes