After my thunderbolt upgraded to ICS I am only getting the first page of SMS text messages. If someone sends a message with more than 160 characters I only receive the first page. Prior to the update the message would come in multiple parts. Now it's just cut off! I've tried using handcent and Verizon's app but its all doing the same thing. Any ideas?.
Lets show that phone who's boss, Ebconti! The recent update brings many enhancements, but this is not one of them. There is a quick way to clear the cache in Recovery Mode to receive all messages appropriately. These steps are provided by HTC, and none of your personal information will be erased.
Before booting into Recovery, ensure that fast boot has been turned off:
1. Tap Menu
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Power
4. Uncheck the box for Fast boot.
Once fast boot has been turned off, reboot into Recovery to wipe cache partition:
1. Power off the device
2. While holding down the Volume Down button, press the Power button. The device will boot into the bootloader which is a white screen with 3 Androids at the bottom screen.
3. Using the Volume Down button, select RECOVERY
4. Press the Power button to select the option. Device will reboot into a black screen with a red exclamation mark in a red triangle atop a device.
5. Press Volume Up and Power button to get into the Recovery menu.
6. Using Volume Down button, highlight the Wipe cache partition option.
NOTE: Be sure that Wipe cache partition is highlighted. Do not choose Wipe data/factory reset as this will result in loss of data!
7. Press the Power button to select the option
8. When the process, is complete, ensure that Reboot system now option is highlighted.
9. Press the Power button to select the option and reboot the device into the OS.
Keep me posted!
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
I am having the same problem. I tried to reboot in Recovery as explained above but this does not work. When I hold the volume button and power button at the same time, it simply restarts the phone normally. I tried it several times but it just restarts the phone, which doesn't solve the problem. Text messages are still being cut off.
It actually worked on my phone. I did discover beforehand tho that the only messages being cut off were sent on iPhones. After this fix tho nothing has been cut off. Thanks!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone
I followed the HTC recovery instructions and texts are still cutoff. I am
going to lose business over this. Customers think the message is going
through but important info is being lost.