Side button only changes media volume
SammyInOH

The side button on my HTC Rhyme used to control ringtone volume except when I was in a media app and then it controlled media volume but now, regardless of what app I am using or if I am even just at the home screen, pressing the side button now only changes media volume. To change ringtone volume, I have to do it through settings.

I know that on other phones I was able to change the function of buttons, but I cannot find a setting on this phone that allows me to do that.

I've tried restarting the phone but no change.

How do I get the volume button to go back to controlling ringtone volume?

0 Likes
Re: Side button only changes media volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SammyInOH,

Hmmmm. This is definitely an odd occurrence because you should be able to control the ringtone volume via the side of the device. Now, I appreciate you trying a soft reset, so let's take it a step further. Next, given that this functionality should still work, I'd recommend trying safe mode http://vz.to/yAHjEJ to disable third party apps and allow you to isolate issues between software and potentially threatening apps (which you should remove if you can control volume again). Please let us know how that goes.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Side button only changes media volume
SammyInOH

Thanks, after another day or two of time passing and a few more soft resets it went back to normal.

0 Likes