Since HTC is going to start unlocking thier phones and Verizon has no issue with that
ghamden

Since HTC is going to start unlocking thier phones and Verizon has no issue with that

those who have unlocked their phones should have no issues with warranty unless they alter the OEM Rom or install a different rom

Most people want to root to get rid of all the bloatware

So we are back to why not let us remove what we want and put this to rest....

Behold, the Power of the Android Community: HTC to Unlock Future
Bootloaders

[Updated: Yes There Will Be] Verizon: There Won’t Be Any Unlocked Devices On Our Network
0 Likes
Re: Since HTC is going to start unlocking thier phones and Verizon has no issue with that
budone
Legend

I think VZW has no issue (if that is actually true) is because if a phone pukes and it has been rooted, their hands are washed of providing a replacement.

0 Likes
Re: Since HTC is going to start unlocking thier phones and Verizon has no issue with that
Wildman
Legend

budone wrote:

I think VZW has no issue (if that is actually true) is because if a phone pukes and it has been rooted, their hands are washed of providing a replacement.

You hit it right on the head, just because they do not lock down bootloaders still does not change that rooting and installing unarthorized firmware or OS violates TOS and voids warrenty which cleans Verizons hands to replace device if it gets damage while doing any of these things to device.

0 Likes
wgragg1

I guess the $64 question is whether or not HTC/VZW will unlock the bootloaders of existing phones or do you have to buy a different model to get an unlocked bootloader?

0 Likes