I need help, I thought I was pretty good at figuring out my phone, was really excited with the new software so I coould use skype on my TBolt. Downloaded Skype, went through the setup, tried to call my wife's phone, (an Incredible running skype for mobile). But never could get them to connect. Is there something that I am missing here?  Please help....

0 Likes
Re: Skype
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

I just tried Skype on my Tbolt and called my son who has Skype on a one-year-old iPhone.  It worked great.  I'm no guru, but for the benefit of those who are, maybe you should include some more info:  Did your wife hear/see you calling but couldn't connect?  Or was there no ring?  What indications did you have on your phone?  Did it appear to be calling or not?  Are you using the latest version of their software?  Were you showing 4G or something else?

0 Likes
johnwthomas66

I had a full 4g signal. I both phones in the same room. My phone seemed like it was calling out, and her phone never rang. I reversed it and tried to call her phone, and same thing. In the phone contacts, it wants me to put a + before the number, is this normal? I thought that was for international calls?  Again, I do not understand this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Johnwthomas66, thank you for your inquiry & thanks Chuckwilmot for your response.

When you add your wife as a contact, are you entering her Skype user ID or her phone number? If you enter her phone number, this will make the call a regular voice call. You should get a message popup that the calls will go thru Verizon Wireless instead of Skype. Then your regular dialing screen comes up. When adding a contact manually, it will request you to select the country, which will add a +1 for US numbers. 

Make sure you are adding her Skype name instead and that should allow the call to connect via Skype. Once you add her as a contact, she will receive a request to add you as a contact also. 

Review these steps for making Skype calls. 

0 Likes
johnwthomas66

Thank you, I will give this a try. I am new at this skype thing, so thank you again.

0 Likes