Small Triangle?
dragon68
Only seen it a few times, but can't figure out what it means. Above the signal strength bars, I've seen a small triangle. It's been there in 1x and without. Have not noticed it in 3g or 4.

What is the symbol for?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Small Triangle?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The only thing that I think it could be is a roaming indicator, but that doesn't lineup with the image Wildman posted.

On other phones, a triangle above or beside the signal bars meant that the phone was roaming on a different network.

Otherwise, I don't have any suggestions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Not sure what ison that is because here is all the icons for the Thunderbolt...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Is it a small triangle with a ! in the middle? If so then that USB Debugging. I am unsure where the exact placement you are talking about.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The only thing that I think it could be is a roaming indicator, but that doesn't lineup with the image Wildman posted.

On other phones, a triangle above or beside the signal bars meant that the phone was roaming on a different network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

I posted the addition icons list and I think Tidbit is correct that its the debugging icon.. That the list reports as General Notification..  If its debugging the user should be able to disable the icons under Settings / Applications / Development /  Uncheck USB Debugging

0 Likes
dragon68
Don't see icon shown on what Wildcat posted. It doesn't have "!" in it. It's only a triangle and nothing in it.

Will check debugging to see if on.
0 Likes
dragon68
It's checked, but not it. This is showing up while not connected to USB.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If none of the icons listed is the icon you are speakung of you myst have some 3rd party app making the icon....  Is the con on the left top or right top area of device?  The right is sysren icons but the left is notifications and third part apps icons, where it the icon located?

Also have you tried pulling down the status bar menu and see if anything is under the menu with that icon?

0 Likes
dragon68
I don't have many apps at all. It is located right above the signal strength bars, first and second bars. Only seen a few times. I pull down status bar and nothing. That's why I am asking here. Lol
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Im starting to think Ann is right about the icon being a roaming icon... Are you still on the MR2 Froyo firmware or did you update to the Gingerbread update when it was released before it was pulled?

If it looks like this then this post verifies Ann was correct that it is Roaming....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/16406-triangle-over-signal-bars.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/49410-strange-icons-status-bar.html

0 Likes