Sounds for text messages
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a specfic sound I use when I get text messages. The thing that's annoying me is that when I send the text and I get a report back that it was delivered the sound is playing when it's recieved. I just want the sound when I recieve a text . I tried everything.  Anyone have any idea how I can fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Sounds for text messages
AZSALUKI
Legend

turn off the delivery notification. i'm not sure, but i believe you are nitified that the sms went through via another sms???? if that's the case, then it will continue to act just like another sms message that you get. in your messaging app if you go to settings, you can uncheck "delivery reports" and check "failure notification." if you do this, then it will only notify you when a delivery attempt actually fails. it's just my own personal preference.....but i don't need to verify that every one goes through....i just want to know when they don't go through.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need to know when it goes through especially when I sent one to my bf because sometimes his phone is off.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i guess i don't follow? it sounds like you want the notifiaction, but you don't want the notification??? i'm confused...lol. if you need to know when it goes through, then why do you want to know how to turn the notification off?

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to know when it's delivered.  When it's sent the notifaction sound plays.  I don't want that.  I don't want the sound to play when the message is sent to notify me that it was sent.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Maybe you need a third party app?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

in your settings (from inside the messaging app) there is a box to check for "delivery reports." uncheck the "sent notification" and check the "delivery reports" (request a delivery report for each message you send)

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

It worked but I want the ring tone to play when I get a text message  but not to play when it's sent.  That's what was happening.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Is the Play Notification Sound setting under Sent Messages checked?   If so, uncheck it. 

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried that but the text message sound doesn't work.

0 Likes