Speakerphone Echo
JoeBobHarris
Enthusiast - Level 3

Every time I put a caller on speaker, the other person complains they can her themselves being echoed back with a second or two of delay. Turn speaker phone off, echo goes away.

Anyone else?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Speakerphone Echo
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning.

Usually when there is any kind of an echo, one of the two, or both parties can try lowering the volume while on the call.  If it continues, we can troubleshoot the Verizon Wireless device; however, if one of the devices experiencing this issue is not a Verizon Wireless device, that person will need to troubleshoot with their own provider.

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
destilo

I have the same problem. I've found the issue with 2 different phones with and wothout cases on them. It does seem to matter how I hold the phone or the what the volume is set at.

0 Likes
JoeBobHarris
Enthusiast - Level 3

Speaker volume made a difference with mine as well. I replaced my phone at a retail store and the second unit is better on speaker phone than the original. It doesn't echo.

In quiet environments however, I can still occasionally hear a squelch sound. Very minor.

To test, I call my cell phone using the house phone, then put t-bolt on speaker and move away from it so it doesn't pick up my voice.

0 Likes
mcaspe1

I have the same issue.  It happens to some people I call and not to others.  Its weird.  I don't know if its a network issue or the hardware.  

0 Likes
martianspy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have trhe same problem. When I use the speakerphone, the person calling me hears an echo of their own voice. Specifically when my wife calls me with her Incredible 2 with Bluetooth running thru her car stereo ,she hears slap-back of her own voice.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning.

Usually when there is any kind of an echo, one of the two, or both parties can try lowering the volume while on the call.  If it continues, we can troubleshoot the Verizon Wireless device; however, if one of the devices experiencing this issue is not a Verizon Wireless device, that person will need to troubleshoot with their own provider.

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
deeplybeing

Has anyone try his idea about this problem?I have this problem and do not like not being able to use it.

0 Likes