Speedtest and Internet
jimnycricket65

Tested 4g on Speedtest app and I am supposed to get 9.55MB download and 4.37MB upload speed.  When I take it to the internet, I am getting a real slow speed that leads me to suspect that 4g is not working.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Speedtest and Internet
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

JoeL_VZW wrote:

Thanks to the Community for your responses.

Where are you having the data connection speed problem at? Did this start after you downloaded any applications? Does the device show a 4G icon at the top of the screen?

I am also having this problem. The internet and apps that require data are not finding the connection. The phone will show "4gLTE" but the data just doesn't work. When this happens the 4g icon (or 3g) is at the top, there is 2 arrows next to it, one pointing up the other pointing down. When the data isn't working the only arrow that lights up is the arrow pointing up, so the phone isn't actually receiving data. This has to do with the constant loss of data and reboot issues Thunderbolt users have been getting since receiving the MR1 update.  Where's the OTA fix?!

What I've done to get connection back is downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app. If I lose data I go in there and switch it from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)" then back to "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" Most of the time I have to switch it back and forth like this up to 5 times for it to actually get the connection again. But that fix has worked for me every time, but it is VERY tedious. If that doesn't work try doing a battery pull, which has also helped me before. Hope this helps, But I hope even more that we get this update soon, so we don't have to do all these work-arounds to make this $600 flagship phone work the way it's supposed to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joeldanganan

I too have the same issue. When I test the speed on my phone via speedtest app, I get 10 mbps. But when I connect to using the hotspot, I only get 1 mbps. Anyone have a clue why? Is there a fix for this? 

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I'm just guessing, but it may be more of a problem on the west coast. My laptop is tethered to my TBolt right now using the hotspot and I'm getting 15 to 16 in Oklahoma City.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
depends on time of day.
0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Where are you having the data connection speed problem at? Did this start after you downloaded any applications? Does the device show a 4G icon at the top of the screen?

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

JoeL_VZW wrote:

I am also having this problem. The internet and apps that require data are not finding the connection. The phone will show "4gLTE" but the data just doesn't work. When this happens the 4g icon (or 3g) is at the top, there is 2 arrows next to it, one pointing up the other pointing down. When the data isn't working the only arrow that lights up is the arrow pointing up, so the phone isn't actually receiving data. This has to do with the constant loss of data and reboot issues Thunderbolt users have been getting since receiving the MR1 update.  Where's the OTA fix?!

What I've done to get connection back is downloaded the "LTE OnOff" app. If I lose data I go in there and switch it from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)" then back to "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" Most of the time I have to switch it back and forth like this up to 5 times for it to actually get the connection again. But that fix has worked for me every time, but it is VERY tedious. If that doesn't work try doing a battery pull, which has also helped me before. Hope this helps, But I hope even more that we get this update soon, so we don't have to do all these work-arounds to make this $600 flagship phone work the way it's supposed to.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
what speeds do you get with wi-fi?
0 Likes