Standalone GPS Services Message
Brekenna
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Branched to a new discussion from an older thread >>

When the window pops up, pressing OK turns the Sandalone GPS on and pressing Cancel leaves it off. It will still pop up the next time you click to turn it on.

I get the same annoying pop up on my new LG Spectrum.  I can't make it go away either.

What I don't understand is why is there only a "you are at risk" scary sounding warning - as if choosing this option could kill you - pop up on the Stand Alone GPS when selected and not on the Verizon or Google location options when you select either of those?  Wouldn't the risk be the same with all of them?  I don't get why there is the extreme warning with one option and not the other two.  I understand that all three work in different ways to identify your location but in the end they all do identify your location so why is Stand Alone GPS supposedly more riskier and merit a special warning?

Brekenna

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Re: Standalone GPS Services Message
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't help you with that one, Brekenna... but I'm sure gonna monitor this thread and see if vz support ever gets back to you (they aren't good about that), and especially what their answer will be if they do.  I get the same popup on my Tbolt phone too, and I think of it in exactly the same way you stated.  Don't hold your breath!  You'll get an email if and when they ever answer you....  good luck!

0 Likes