Re: Still No Update
muzetta

VZ customer service directed me to call HTC directly since they are the ones rolling out the update. I called them and they can't give me a specific date (I gave them my serial #) but said that they are pushing it to phones in waves and that all phones will receive the update within 3-5 weeks of when it started (about 1 1/2 weeks ago). He also assured me that my specific phone will be receiving it "soon."

Here's HTC's #: 866-449-8358. Maybe they can give you a clearer date.

0 Likes
Gammaray

Have any of your received the update yet?  Seems like one of us would have received it by now if it is really still rolling out.  Are there posts around that show that people are still receiving it?  This thread has been open about 9 days and I don't see where any of us have received the update by now. 

I would sure like to do this buy-the-book and not have to flash. Still waiting...

0 Likes
jslstephmsl
Enthusiast - Level 2
Nope. Still waiting
0 Likes
scottthreet32
Hard rest phone start over

Code 412 been there done that.
0 Likes
jslstephmsl
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is going to sound crazy guys but I was told by Verizon that the push was completed and now being individually pushed. They just pushed my update.
0 Likes
dvpatel
Enthusiast - Level 3

It does sound crazy as VZW keeps saying there's no way to push to individual phones at first. There are older posts from July or so in the thunderbolt forums (not vzw community) citing that it can be done but it seems vzw reps do not know how to get this done till you get a hold of a tech that knows how to get it done.

I was also told by HTC last week to wait for 3 - 4 weeks since the roll out started which means there's still a week more left. I still cannot pull the update as my software window starts out with Checking and then just vanishes. Hasn't seen a change in that since they started the roll out. :smileysad:

0 Likes
toklas
ill throw my hat into this as I also haven not received the update yet. my phone does the same thing as stated above... checks for update then just disappears. would be nice if a tech chimed in on the ability to push the update and if the updates have been completed or are still going.
0 Likes
jslstephmsl
Enthusiast - Level 2
I know its crazy but a girl named Christina had it pushed to my phone.
0 Likes
dvpatel
Enthusiast - Level 3

jslstephmsl wrote:
I know its crazy but a girl named Christina had it pushed to my phone.

What was the s/w version on your phone before Christina managed to push the new version to your phone? Also, how long did it take for you to get the s/w once she said she's going to push it to your phone?

0 Likes
jslstephmsl
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was running 2.2.1 I think. It was under 48 hours. It want long at all.
0 Likes