Still no Update
DB31

Ever since the announced release of the July 8th update for the reboot issue, I have been checking for the software update regularly.  Every time I hit "check new" the phones tells me "checking for new software available now", then a few seconds later the message disappears and still no update.  It has been more than two weeks... Really, not all phones have gotten the update and I can't pull it.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS.  So much for the Thunderbolt being the Flagship LTE device.  HORRIBLE SUPPORT.  This **bleep** phone keeps resetting and this company cares so little that it hasn't pushed a working fix out to all phones.  This has been going on for two months and I'm stuck with the crap and the best Verizon can do it replace it with a refurbished piece of trash.  I bet if I didn't pay my bill for two months these **bleep** would care!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Still no Update
AZSALUKI
Legend

install the app "LTE OnOff" and then set it to 1X (CDMA only) from the app. try checking for the update then. that's how i had to do it. if it does find the update though, it will be on 1X so it will take over an hour to download so make sure your battery is charged first. 

0 Likes
DB31

Thanks, tried that though.  Battery pulls, factory resets, 1x...All no good.  Hey, but at least the incredible 2 is getting another update already.  Verizon SUCKS!!!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi DB31, 

I have sent you a private message so I can personally address your issue with the Thunderbolt update. I assure you that we will resolve this for you. 

Thank you very much for your patience!

0 Likes
dudemasterb
I am having the exact same issues with my wife's Thunderbolt. I was guaranteed by verizon tech support that her phone would receive the update to fix her consistent restarts, please help...
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dudemasterb wrote:
I am having the exact same issues with my wife's Thunderbolt. I was guaranteed by verizon tech support that her phone would receive the update to fix her consistent restarts, please help...

Try AZSALUKI suggestion, this should work...  Some reported they havent had luck so it may be hit and miss but it has worked for me also..

0 Likes
dragon68
DB...I am in the same boat as you. I drive truck over the road. I rely on Google map to help with viewing shippers and receivers. Also getting actual mileage so I buy correct fuel. GPS has no clue where I am. When I try to get update, it does the same as you. I tried the above things as well. I have and will continue to tell every driver I talk to not to use Verizon and/or HTC. The support is not there!
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dragon68 wrote:
DB...I am in the same boat as you. I drive truck over the road. I rely on Google map to help with viewing shippers and receivers. Also getting actual mileage so I buy correct fuel. GPS has no clue where I am. When I try to get update, it does the same as you. I tried the above things as well. I have and will continue to tell every driver I talk to not to use Verizon and/or HTC. The support is not there!

Im kind of confused, you sound like you need to update a app not OS to fix your issues

0 Likes
dragon68
No, update. Phone restarts numerous times during the day. Even while on phone. I still have .13 and should have .70 ( I think)
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Boy I feel for the users still having bugs becasue my device has been running like a champ and not missing a beat, I got the unlimited Hotspot plan and I use it all the time while on confrence calls and also can look up info from device..... When in car everyone links their laptops and phones to my device to do their updates, and since I am doing all this on 3G boy I will have fun when 4G gets to my area..

I cant believe the number of issues others have had with this device....

Good Luck on a working solution.

0 Likes