Stuttering and buffering with YouTube and other apps
rjgsea

Playing a short video on YouTube and other apps is tedious as there is constant stuttering and buffering delays that are intolerable.  Is there away to resolve this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stuttering and buffering with YouTube and other apps
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

rjgsea wrote:

Playing a short video on YouTube and other apps is tedious as there is constant stuttering and buffering delays that are intolerable.  Is there away to resolve this.

Thanks to the community members for your input. Rjgsea, are you still having the buffering delays while playing YouTube videos? Sometimes a buffering issue can be caused by the a data feed from Youtube in combination with a reception issue.

I also checked our coverage map for Ventura, CA and it shows your in a 3G area. One way you resolve the buffering issue is using a WiFi with improving your connection speed. I am providing a link to help you with setting up a WiFi connection. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what kind of download speeds do you get (the speedtest app can run a test for you)? have you noticed if they play better if you connect via wifi?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yeah that sounds like a reception issue...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman my Droids do this if there not connected to Wi-Fi all the time there was one exception when i was in the big city they seem not to do the stuttering or buffering as bad but they still had there little moments.  an i was reading the Youtube post in the Market an there were several that were having issues after the recent update with Youtube so i havent updated my droids yet. B33 :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Are you on LTE or 3G?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have experiance this off and on but the strang part was that I noticed it would do it at the same point everytime in the video, uselly if I open another video it would play fine so I wrote it off as a bad data stream from youtube server, also I dont exclude the possiblity of over all server load.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well wildman or PJ i wonder also if its the type of video that you load can also cause the issue in Question. whats your thoughts. meaning can the device handle the Video.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since the files have to be a curtain format for them to be uploaded to youtube and the files are played through a curtified YouTube app I would say that a issue like unsupported video format is a hard thing to see.....  Anything is possible but from what I know of YouTube this seem to be a thin chance of happening.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe the original poster is mostly likely streaming high quality video over a 3g connection. i suspect in wifi or LTE it would not stutter/buffer so much, if at all. i've come across some sites with poor streams, but apps like youtube are pretty solid if you're on LTE or wifi.....3g can encounter problems though.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

i believe the original poster is mostly likely streaming high quality video over a 3g connection. i suspect in wifi or LTE it would not stutter/buffer so much, if at all. i've come across some sites with poor streams, but apps like youtube are pretty solid if you're on LTE or wifi.....3g can encounter problems though.

Thats a good point and may be the nature of issue, I dont have a LTE connection to test but I usually only have the issue off and on.

0 Likes