Supposed GB Thunderbolt VM Notification issue Fix
ghamden

Just talked to Verizon the tier 2 tech said once you have installed the update  if yuou do not recive VM Notifications call tech support they can enable them through Mtask in thier network don't know how that works but they assured me it would that it is not a rom issue it is  a setting in thier network ??

I defer to those with more knowledge than I

I have not updated yet if som e who has call and see if there is a anetwork fix we all would loike to know...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Supposed GB Thunderbolt VM Notification issue Fix
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3
On the phone now with tech support. They say I am the first caller reporting the problem. Ha Ha. On hold. Please stand by.
0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok,

Just got off the phone with tech support.

VM Indicator is now working.:smileyvery-happy:

This is what he did . He had to sync the network, power down the phone and restart. (This may not be everybody's problem. Just passing along the info).

I will test over the next couple of hours.

Start calling Verizon Wireless Customer Care at (800) 922-0204.

Please post your results .

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well,

Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.

Back on the phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

Well,

Half of it works. Now I get a message indicator and it does not clear it's self after your hear the voicemail. Oh well.

Back on the phone.

Looks like the VM bug is still there from the leaked build.... I am glad I use Better You Mail because I dont have to deal with that issue...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Lt-Belspur wrote:

Well,

Back on the phone.

yes...it's been like this for months. one of two things will always happen when someone leaves a message:

1) you will not get a VM notification

2) you will get a notification, but can't clear it without rebooting.

i have yet to find any rhyme or reason as to which of the 2 will happen. sometimes i get the notifaction, but can't clear it.....and sometimes i just don't get the notification. 

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what is happening on my three phones. To tired to call tonight. Will try in the AM.

Good Night.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what is happening on my three phones. To tired to call tonight. Will try in the AM.

Good Night.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Good luck but there really doesnt seem to be a working method for the OTA version of GB...

0 Likes
ghamden

A developer has a patch tht fixes the vm notication issue he released a patch and the source code so if verizon has any sense thy will use it and compensate him

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

it works perfect no issues

0 Likes