Re: Supposed GB Thunderbolt VM Notification issue Fix
Morkai
Enthusiast - Level 3

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.

My god man, please tell me a certain network location bug is in this same catagory!!! I would love to see that one dropped from a certain set of software's list of bugs!

0 Likes
FV3riz0n

Well, it is a big negative.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you?
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

RMLJ wrote:
You guys do know you can put the voice mail icon on your home screen and open that to see if you have a message waiting don't you?

yes, but notifications are one of the GREAT features of android. if the phone is in my pocket, i prefer it to beep at me or vibrate or something....as opposed to just randomly, manually checking it.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
ohh I totally agree I just did not see anything about using that. I just wanted people to know they did not have to call their voicemail to check to see if they had 1
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

erishasnobatter wrote:

I am the developer.  We identified the bug months ago when the 2.01 Alpha test build was leaked.  However, as most developers already use Google Voice or the like, we didn't spend much time on it.  We assumed that it would be fixed by the time the OTA was released.  It wasn't, so I took 30 minutes of my time and handled it.

You are correct though, the OTA build is relatively bug free as far as updates go, but something as big as Voicemail notifications shouldn't make it through QA.  If I'm a business owner and I miss a voicemail that could have potentially made me millions of dollars because I don't know about it, I know where I'm going to try to recoup my losses.

eris your work has been incredible and my concern wasnt about your work, I was just pointing out your point. developers solve bugs as they find them and by priority levels thats all...  Thanks to you and your team for all your quality work..

0 Likes
dragon68
What's gets me is that a lot of people complain if something not working properly all the time. If complain, at least have a resolution to the problem. Eris, other than VZW tech, provided a possible fix and probably sped things up.

It's electronics and getting into new areas of the technology, you really think its going to be prefect?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dragon68 wrote:
What's gets me is that a lot of people complain if something not working properly all the time. If complain, at least have a resolution to the problem. Eris, other than VZW tech, provided a possible fix and probably sped things up.

It's electronics and getting into new areas of the technology, you really think its going to be prefect?
What I have learned that everything in this world is perfect and the users expect this with everything.....:smileyvery-happy: Ha :smileyvery-happy: Ha :smileyvery-happy: Ha......   Sorry couldnt hold the laugh in after posting this..
And here is the even funnier part, now I have seen a number of users blasting because they pulled the update to fix it...  Its a NO WINNING BATTLE.
0 Likes
dragon68
Yea seen the users complaining about being pulled. Oh well.
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I find it ironic that some of the same posters that chimed in while others were being railed on for not doing research prior to purchasing a thunderbolt are now giving a pass to Verizon and HTC putting out and subsequently pulling back (another) flawed, buggy update.

Surely it has been known (Verizon & HTC included) for months that the GB update had problems with some very basic functionality. Why don't they, Verizon and HTC, deserve to be called on it without being labeled as whiners and complainers?

I'm sure our purchase includes software with an implied warranty of merchantability. I saw no "as is" or "with faults" in my contract. If my Thunderbolt doesn't function as advertised and promoted I'm going to exercise my right to complain.

0 Likes