Syncing to Outlook with Thunderbolt
moorepd

Hello out there!  I am looking for someone who has successfully downloaded something that enables the Thunderbolt to sync with a PC that uses Outlook (No exchange version) to sync with contacts, email, calendars, etc.  I am aware of at least 1 app that exists (MyPhoneExplorerClient) in the Market.  Although I have successfully downloaded it to my device, it does not seem to work with my new Thunderbolt.  If I cannot find something to accomplish this feat, I will likely return it and replace it with something else.  Maybe the iPhone4!  Please advise.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Syncing to Outlook with Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Not sure how it works and you might want to read any other threads that discuss it, but have you tried HTC Sync? It is available from HTC's website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
moorepd

I tried but it does not seem to be applicable to my device (thunderbolt is not listed as an eligible device).  There seem to be some available 3rd part apps, but...well you know.  Some good.  some bad.

0 Likes
sumaschi
0 Likes
Emperor-Crusher

There are MANY solutions to sync the Thuderbolt or any Android device with Outlook.  Visit www.syncdroid.net to find a lengthy chart of software, what it syncs (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how it syncs (usb, wi-fi, wireless), the price (many free), and much more.  There is also a review of each software.  Cheers!

0 Likes
udontquit

I just got off the phone with HTC today (April 7th-2011) and the service rep told me that the Thunderbolt will sync only with Outlook Email,Contacts, and Calendar. However, it will NOT sync Tasks and their related Reminders. He also told me their is no "resident" Tasks app on the TB, and he knows of no "fix" or changes in the future for syncing Outlok Tasks. FYI, I told the rep that I'm using Outlook 2007 with MS Exchange Server 2007. In serachig for answers or apps for this issue I also found a good tip for those of you who are having problems syncing Outlook Contacts and Calendars... make sure you have them selected as "Exchange" insted of "Phone". These are two different databases in the TB. If anyone knows of an effective app for syncing Outlook 2007 Tasks only --- I don;t need it for my Calendar or Contacts --- please let us know. I've tried Touchdonw and it does a prett good job, but I don;t need it for anything but Tasks. If you're on a secure server, like I am, it requires you to input yet another password because ity's connecting to the server to access the info. It's also a bit clumbsy.

0 Likes