ruletheair
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just FYI... Happy Updating. :smileywink:

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: TB Update Available Now
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Can u give specifics to this because I don't see it.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I got it installed on my Tbolt about an hour ago.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/12/breaking-htc-thunderbolt-update-is-available-now/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

"Can u give specifics to this because I don't see it."

Posted this in a different thread: :smileyhappy:

Went to "Menu, Settings, Software Update, Check New" (If errors out, try again). Indicated update "Mecha_Verizon_WWE_1.13.605.7-1.12.605.6 is available. Hit "Ok" to download which took about 5 minutes (on 3G, no 4G LTE yet in my area). Download size was approx. 35MB. Once the download completed, it prompts you to click "Ok" to proceed. During this time you won't be able to use the phone. The system rebooted and went to an update screen for about 5 minutes, then rebooted again. All appears to be working normally as it did before the update. Note: I'm not rooted, just stock apps (a few updated, such as Flash, Adobe Reader, Google Maps, Gmail). One change I did notice right away is that my 3G connection is now back on CDMA -eHRPD, whereas before (since the nationwide 4G LTE outage issue back at the end of April), it was always on CDMA EVDO Rev A. I didn't do anything to set it that way or try to force it back to -eHRPD. I figured it was changed by Verizon for a reason and expected it would change back when ready.

So far, a cursory check of the phone, all is working normally. Will post back IF I see any problems.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Yeah I got it... Only thing back up assistance is an app now. More un deleteable stuff.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Backup Assistant was always a pre-installed application on the Thunderbolt and completely ignored by me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ruletheair
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update today my phone has rebooted by itself twice just out of nowhere. I can leave the email app, set the phone down, and I notice the thunderstorm sound and it is rebooting itself.  Also, in the barcode scanner app crashed once. Haven't noticed these problems prior to the update.... Anyone else?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
I got it installed on my Tbolt about an hour ago.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/12/breaking-htc-thunderbolt-update-is-available-now/

Please keep us updated on the level of bugs resolved...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ruletheair wrote:

After the update today my phone has rebooted by itself twice just out of nowhere. I can leave the email app, set the phone down, and I notice the thunderstorm sound and it is rebooting itself.  Also, in the barcode scanner app crashed once. Haven't noticed these problems prior to the update.... Anyone else?

Are you in a poor signal area?  That's a known issue of the same version that was leaked weeks ago.

0 Likes
ruletheair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 out of 4 bars...

0 Likes