TB not charging thru USB
hannadock

My TB shows charging thru USB but after several hours it still remains the same. I have it set to charge only. Anyone else having the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: TB not charging thru USB
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It might not be enough power through the computer to charge it all the way. It might be just maintaining what u had due to that reason. I would see if that happens when u shut it off and charge it there. If its ur first or second day it could be the battery. The more charges the better the battery is supposedly HTC said to me. It took 4 hrs on a house charger. There is a known battery issues waiting for Android update to fix it.
0 Likes
wkopera

Had the exact same problem, replaced the battery..no change.  Factory reset...no change.  They are sending me a new phone.  BTW, I tried car, usb, and wall chargers.  All the same.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
usb is a poor choice for charging.
0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great feedback from the community. Thanks! I want to share that this is something you will find quite common amoung wireless devices with USB charge/connect capability. You will see either a slow charging which is typical, or you will see no charging. Sometimes, no charging at all can occur because the device has not been set to charge upon connection. To manage connection profiles, go to Menu > Settings > Connect to PC > Default Connection Type. Make sure that you have selected "Charge Only" to get the maximum benefit of charging while connected to a PC. 

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to share my experience...

My TB charges more slowly over USB when connected to a computer as compared to the suppled AC-to-USB adapter, but it does eventually charge.

However, I foolishly tried to charge the TB over a netbook's USB port, when the netbook was running off just its own battery. What happened was that the charge went the other way... I think current was flowing from the TB's battery to the netbook's battery because the TB's battery level kept getting lower.  Also, the TB's battery widget reported the battery's health as "Overheat."

In hindsight, it seems so obvious. The safest bet would be to use a externally powered USB hub.

Cheers,

0 Likes