TEXTING ON THUNDERBOLT PROBLEMS
Monster_tron

I've been reading up on some forums and checking with verizon and i been having issues with sending sms to ppl. I understand that the TB runs on the 4g network, and is only alavible in Baltimore, which is outside my range. But shouldnt TB still run on its 3G network anyway? If so why have I been having issues with sms. I would try and send a sms and they would get a number thats not mine but have my phone number as the "callback". And I've been having trouble reciving sms from other ppl as well, with ppl trying to send a sms to the number thats saved on their phone. All im asking is, is it because I'm not within the 4G network, or a problem with my sim card? If i "goofed" up my sim card do i need to ge a new one? And do i need to call *288 like ppl have been saying. sorry for all the qestions

Monster_tron

0 Likes
Re: TEXTING ON THUNDERBOLT PROBLEMS
tbNtb

The number the recipients is seeing is your Sim Card number. I called the Verizon Techs and they rectified the issue for me. It was simple.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

DON'T call *228. it can ruin the sim card for good. mine did this with the first couple of texts, but when i rebooted it, it was fine after that.

0 Likes
12chambo

thanks for the info i think it helped only texting will tell the truth. LOL

0 Likes
Rugged_Ron

I called Verizon and had Tech Support fix the problem.  They will first have you power down the phone and see if that fixes it.  It didn't work for me.  If that does not work for you they will have you power down your phone again and then remove the battery.  After your battery is removed, they will perform some function on their end.  After that you will re-install your battery and boot back up.  This may take a little time because all the software and widgets have to reload.  After this, my SMS texting worked fine.  I only hope it stays this way now.

0 Likes