Text Message on Locked Screen
padgejc

When I get an incoming text message, a portion of the text message and sender shows up at the bottom of my locked screen, so anyone that happens to be looking at my phone can see part of the message.  Is there ANY way to stop an incoming text message from showing the message automatically on my screen? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message on Locked Screen
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your input. Adding to what was stated, the user Manuel does show that you could try to set your message options that come to you in a pop up on your Thunderbolt. Please go into your your message options and disable the option for the displaying message on the screen.  This was found on pages 130 & 131 from the user Manuel that can be reference from our Verizon Wireless support page. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Considering that was the way my Droid Eris was earlier in its life, I don't think that there is a using the stock lock screen. You could try... Wait does anyone know if Widget Locker would have the option to disable this kind of notification?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Wiget locker wont have that show up on the lockscreen because there isnt any option in the app for this, the only thing it there is features in the stock lock screen that the OP may miss but I would give it a try because I use it not and love it.

Are you by chance using Handcent because I read you can disable this by going into Settings, Notification Settings and Uncheck Pop-Up, maybe this will work for you also.

Another method that may work is to goto Messages / Left Menu / Message Settings / Text Messaging and see if there is a option for the Notification there for lock screen.  I have a HTC rom running on a emulator and it appears that this may work... 

0 Likes
padgejc

Thanks, I tried looking in notifications and can't find anything regarding pop-ups or disabling that portion of the notification.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your input. Adding to what was stated, the user Manuel does show that you could try to set your message options that come to you in a pop up on your Thunderbolt. Please go into your your message options and disable the option for the displaying message on the screen.  This was found on pages 130 & 131 from the user Manuel that can be reference from our Verizon Wireless support page. 

0 Likes