Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Text notification downloads
shaggy2dope495

I just recently upgraded from an LG Cosmos (not the touch screen version) to the Thunderbolt.  On the Cosmos, I was able to go on different sites and download ringtones, and i was able to set them as either a ringtone or a text message notification.  But when i download on the Thunderbolt, I seem to be able to set them only as a ringtone, not as a text message notification.  Is there a way to download sounds and use them and text notifications?

0 Likes
Re: Text notification downloads
darktemptess

Here are 2 options to try:

-Connect your device to your PC via the Data Cable.
-On your device, drag down the Notification bar to open it and then touch the USB Icon: Select to change USB connection type.
-Select Disk Drive and touch done.
-On your PC, go to My Computer and your device will be listed as a removable disk drive.
-Open the disk drive by double clicking on it.
-Once open, you should see the contents of your SD Card.
-If you do not have a folder named Notifications, right Click and create one.
-Once you have created the Notifications folder, open it and drag and drop the files you want to be available for custom alerts into the folder.
-Once you are done, disconnect from your PC and you files will be available for selection under the Sounds & Display on your device.

2:

open messages, menu button, settings, notification sound, pick which one you want there 

Hope one of these helps

0 Likes