Texting problem
jjwatters

Text Messages going to the wrong person.

I have had my Thunderbolt since it was released in March. I applied the new software release. My current problem started in August. I can send and receive text messages. BUT sometimes the message I send goes to the wrong person. If this had happened once, ok fine I'm sure I selected the wrong person. But now it happens multiple times a day. I can receive a message, read it, then reply and it is sent to someone else. This does not happen every time. I use the Messages feature that came with my phone.

Is anyone else having a similiar problem? This is driving me crazy!

0 Likes
Re: Texting problem
jjwatters

Just spoke with verizon tech support, and this is a know problem that verizon is aware of. They are waiting on the fix for the problem from google

0 Likes
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

That happen to me once.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning jjwatters, and thank you for that correct information!

I  know personally, text messages going to the wrong person can be very inconvenient!

In addition to waiting for the fix, I'm not sure if you were given a temporary work-around, but if you are sending new text messages, and you press Home to exit Messaging application before pressing Send, you will need to return to the Draft message to discard it.  (Menu > Discard.)

If you receive a new message and open the Messaging application, you will need to wait several secondsuntil the message threads have been completely displayed.  Accessing new messages too quickly can cause unintended delivery.  

Hopefully this entire issue will be resolved soon!

Thank you,

0 Likes
iounothing
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this thread searching the forums.  I just started having issues with texts going to the wrong contact about a week ago.  This occurs if I reply to a message or send a new message, and if I use the stock messaging app or Handcent.  I obviously don't want to send personal messages to business contacts and vice versa.  The workaround listed above has not been effective.

I posted in this forum although I have a Droid Bionic (could not find the bionic forum)

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes