The Thunderbolts Warranty?
Qunell

Okay, so my upgrade is in a few weeks, and I was looking to get the HTC Thunderbolt. But it will be my first ever smart phone, and I'll get a case and take great care of it. But I was wondering if there is a 2 year warranty that you can purchase with it? I've been trying to talk to an online representative for the last week but can't. So I was wondering if you CAN buy 2 year warranty for it, how much it will cost, and can you pay it monthly? Please Help! 😧

-Kyle Q. 

0 Likes
Re: The Thunderbolts Warranty?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can add an extended warranty which costs $1.99 per month and you would need to continue paying for it for the life of the contract. There are also some additional insurance option. You can find out the details and pricing for each by starting a dummy order (start an order as a new customer, but without hitting the checkout) on the website to get to the feature add-on page.2011-09-02 06.11.06.jpg

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
$6.99 is tec insurance that is warranty and if u lose it phone or $1.99 just warranty. I read that the warranty goes on as long as u pay for it and checked info twice. I read it in the booklet.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Qunell,

Hi there!

I'm glad to hear you're looking at the Thunderbolt! I understand wanting extra protection for such an impressive phone, too.

The extended warranty can added at the time of purchase for $1.99/month or you can have it combined with your insurance. Pricing and more details can be found here

The original warranty covers the phone from month 1 to month 12. The extended warranty covers the phone beyond 12 months.

Thank you!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Another option is to purchase it with a credit card if you have one.  Most include extended warranties at no cost.

0 Likes