Thunder Bolt time out while making/ receiving calls
franki21

ok So I bought the thunder bolt the day after it came out and before that I had the chocolate touch so the whole Droid system is new to me! I have to start by saying I love love love this phone and I have even been able to make adjustments to avoid charging it every few hours however here is my problem... When I am talking on the phone I either end up hitting Mute, hitting speaker, and yes I have even some how managed to make a conference call that ended up with my boss and husband both on the line at once! I was told I needed to change the timeout time and I did the phone goes black after 30 seconds however that does not stop these things from happening everytime I move the phone even slightly away from my cheek it lights back up! I am so frusterated at this point I don't even like talking on the phone! With the Choc touch when the phone timed out the only way to get the screen back on was to hit the timeout button on the side of the phone(TB's is on top of the phone, same as power button)

I really hope someone can solve this issue and knows how to either disable mute and speaker or something I am getting desperate as much as I love this phone I hate using it to talk and I am a big phone talker! PLEAE HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: Thunder Bolt time out while making/ receiving calls
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

While on a call, the screen timeout is controlled by a proximity sensor to the left of the Verizon logo.  Put it close to your face and it'll go dark, take it away and it'll come back on.  Moving the phone slightly and not having it flat against your face can cause it to come back on.  Not really much you can do about it other than watching how you hold it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also....hair has been known to iterfere with that sensor. if you have long enough hair that it get's between your ear and the phone, then make sure to pull your hair behind you ear so it doesn't mess with the sensor and turn that screen back on.

0 Likes
franki21
Thanks for advice I will have to watch my movement while talking I was really hoping to find a way to either disable mute and speaker or while I'm on voice calls phone will timeout same way it does when It's not in use, so only way to get screen back on is by pushing power button not everytime I get near the sensor! I have never had a phone that I absolutely love until now so I really want to find a solution to this! I talk on my phone all the time its like my life line! Any advice will help thanks!
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't think you'll find the solution you'd like. most people like that it is designed this way because the intention is that the phone will know when you pull it away from your ear and the screen will automatically light up because it is assuming that you need to do something (enter a password, go online, etc, etc). most users get annoyed if they have to hit the power button to bring the screen back on just so they can use the number pad to enter a pin or look up a contact or something. it should work pretty well unless you are constantly moving it around (holding it with your shoulder, or trying to do other things with your hands while your talking, etc, etc). the screen "should" stay off as long as it's held to your ear. if it's a really bad problem then it's possible that your sensor is faulty.

0 Likes