Thunderbolt Gingerbread update...now randomly rebooting again!
dprk

I updated this morning at 12:45AM PST and things seemed to be fine until I actually started using it. Now my phone is locking up and rebooting after being unresponsive for 1-2 minutes. It's happening randomly every couple hours it seems. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt Gingerbread update...now randomly rebooting again!
Wildman
Legend

The saga continues...  :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy: , no issues hear.... Quick solution backup and hard reset and do not load required apps only and see what happens....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3
Doh! Here we go again. Mine seems fine.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The saga continues...  :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy: , no issues hear.... Quick solution backup and hard reset and do not load required apps only and see what happens....

0 Likes
dprk

Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dprk wrote:

Thanks. I can't be without my main phone so I'll try it this weekend.

give it a shot. they really should suggest you do this with any update. i know it's a bit of a hassle, but it's the only way to truly get a clean install. you won't be without your phone but for a few minutes. when you reset it, the phone will immediately be working in minutes, and all you really have to do is set your emails back up and sync contacts (assuming you regularly backup contacts). you're up and running in minutes. it's installing apps and customizing it all over again that takes a bit of time.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
No reboots here but several fc rarely had an fc before. Yea a clean wipe might help but you could try booting in safe mode first. To see if it is one of your apps causing the problem.
0 Likes
dprk

Alright...hard reset fixed my issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
ilad

Wildman wrote:

What do you mean by "do not load the required apps only" How do you do a hard reset? What happens to your apps and app data?

0 Likes