Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
artsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got a better battery & a new case a long time ago, so battery life hasn't been an issue for me. Cost a few bucks, but it was worth it to me.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

initial assesment.

It boots 2-3 times faster then GB

i did have to call CS, I had to power down and pull and re-insert the sim card

onenccop

I am receiving the update for ICS. I'm receiving it and im in North Carolina.  I am glad I held out this long..time to buy a new battery to prolong its life Smiley Happy

0 Likes
dwc-nc

I am in Charlotte... update is taking a while to download as I have a crappy signal in the building where I work (actaully, the AT&T building!!! LOL)

0 Likes
onenccop

mine updated in less than 20 mins..its installing now..with the OTA and loading symbol...taking over 10 mins now just to do the flash.  Almost there Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

artsy wrote:

I got a better battery & a new case a long time ago, so battery life hasn't been an issue for me. Cost a few bucks, but it was worth it to me.

i have the extended battery but since i only use it as a small tablet now, i don't know if i even want the update "if" it hurts battery life. i can only assume they fixed the issue that the leaked version had. the kernel was no good so it literally never went to sleep. i'm still stunned that they actually pushed this update!!!! i had given up.

0 Likes
onenccop

Ok update is done.. I'm checking it up ..first impressions.. Its a lot slower.. but this could be because it hasnt adapted to my settings.. It looks like all my settings ..wallpaper.. apps are still like they were prior!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

give it some time, it may be updateing all the apps, mine did.

aslo give it a battery pull just to shake things up Smiley Happy

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure about you folks, but my phone is running a lot s...l...o...w...e...r...and it's been 4 hours since I updated.  It certainly can't take THAT long to adapt to my settings.  I also seem to have lost a lot of game icons from one of the folders I created. No big deal to recreate this, but still...

I will say...I like the way the interface looks...

feanoraz

I've given mine 5 hours, restarts, and a battery pull and it is still very slow.

0 Likes