Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

I will say one thing...my wife's TBolt is unbelievably fast after the update.  Though, she doesn't have as many apps on her phone as I do.  Still, her phone is working like a charm while mine just slowly chugs along...

I moved all of my apps to my SD card to see if that helped...nope!

Follow-Up - After moving all of my apps to the SD card and then restarting the phone (not a factory reset), things are now moving along quite nicely...surprise, surprise!  If thing remain as they are right now, I will be happy.

0 Likes
grrlfriend
Enthusiast - Level 1

My main complaint about the ICS update is the removal of Flash - mine is totally gone, it isn't just hiding. Hulu+ no longer works and the same for several other streaming video apps. Or rather, the apps work fine until they try to launch the video itself and then I get either the little blue cube or an error message. Flash capability was one of the main reasons I bought the Thunderbolt - NOT HAPPY. Of all of the things that changed, this is the deal-breaker for me. I understand why Verizon doesn't want to support it in the long run (seeing as how Adobe isn't) but, give us the option to keep it. Don't treat us like children and take it away without warning.

The lag time between choosing an app and actually getting into it is more than it was before and is annoying though boot up time is much reduced. However, I rarely had to reboot before so it isn't that much of a gain.

The lock screen clock options suck. I chose the HTC large digital for my home screen and liked it for my lock screen too. However, that is no longer an option and the only digital clock option is ugly and the numbers aren't as large. The functionality is almost lost.

Also, some - not all - of my app icons disappeared from my screen pages. The apps are still there with no change; the icons just got deleted for some bizarre reason.

Last but not least, my battery life just took a nose-dive. Had it plugged in at work all day but after 2 hours at home with only checking email and social media briefly, it needed to be charged again. Normally I wouldn't have to charge it until the next morning and that is with heavy usage including audio or video streaming.

I really like my Thunderbolt so if things don't improve soon, I'll be searching Google to see about reverting. P.S. I have done everything short of a factory reset which I refuse to do (long story on that.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that Flash player isn't still installed? Taken as a screenshot from my Tbolt.

Screenshot_2013-02-08-22-06-48.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
billwrtr
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has been rendered useless by this update. Everything goes so slow as to be unusable. Phone, Internet, photo gallery, etc. etc. Websites that used to load in a few seconds now take half a minute, until in frustration I touch something and then it chokes totally. Battery ran down to totally dead in just a few hours sitting unused on the couch. Flash is gone. Verizon!!!! are you reading this???? Do you value your customers??? Do something!!!! Quickly!!!!!

TheSiggo
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone updated to ICS sometime during the early morning while I was still asleep.  I haven't had any noticeable problems yet.  (Except when I couldn't turn my alarm off because it was unfamiliar) 

0 Likes
marycr8on
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't even get my messages for almost 2 hours!  Reset, Powered off.  Finally got them.  But, so slow! Everything on my phone looks different.  Not happy that I didn't have a choice in this!

0 Likes
marycr8on
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wondered that, as well....are they doing this so we will be forced to upgrade? 

0 Likes
wendellmn

how long does the update take to install? my phone has been stuck for an hour doing nothing.

0 Likes
nls3327
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to take the battery out of mine to get it to finish.  I hate this new update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It took approximately twenty minutes for the the update to finish on my Tbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes