Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbolt ICS upgrade - Still Beta?
McDuff64

ICS looks nice but...TB runs slower and locks up. 

Usually when reading an email pressing the Home, Menu, Previous, or Search buttons do nothing unless I press an on-screen button first.

Buttons for the browser flyout menu in landscape mode do not function correctly.  I select 'Bookmarks' and 'Add to' or 'Windows' button is actually selected.

On browser, selecting some links does nothing.

Opening a calendar event usually opens a incorrect date. 

Keyboard: buttons become incorrectly mapped.  ex: Google search: press "s" and text box populates with "w" or "sz".  Press 'J' and textbox populates with 'JN', 'H' = 'U', etc, etc.

Did not have these issues prior to this upgrade. 

Whoever handles the QA for this should lose their job.  I've been a software tester for over 17 years and this type of junk should have never made it out the door.

When can TB users expect the patch?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt ICS upgrade - Still Beta?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's quite a list of problems, McDuff64! We need to get this resolved ASAP. Many times after a software update it becomes necessary to complete a factory reset. I understand that this can be a time consuming step, but it resolves so many issues. Give it a try and let me know if you see instant improvement....http://tinyurl.com/9eldhkr Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt ICS upgrade - Still Beta?
McDuff64

Question: will this reset back to Gingerbread, or remain as ICS?

Thanks

John

0 Likes