Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbolt Only Receives 1st Part of Long Text SMS Messages
LewisPrice85

Hi,

For a long while now, my Thunderbolt will only receive the first part of multiple part text messages. What I mean by this is when someone sends a really long text and it gets split into multiple parts...

I looked online and someone suggested having the person hit resend on their message and it will always work from then on but doesn't seem to. It also seems intermittent; sometimes I do receive them but other times I don't - maybe it's if it comes from iPhones or another type of device?

I use the standard text message program on the Android, I don't have a 3rd party app for texts.

Any ideas? It's quite annoying, especially as I use the phone for business a lot and while I don't get lots of long texts from clients, sometimes it's bad form to send over a "Only got up to "x..." please resend second part".

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Only Receives 1st Part of Long Text SMS Messages
mdram4x4
Leader

sms are limted in characters

they might be using a 3rd party app to send longer ones that are causing the problems

they should use email for those long messeges

\

bad form on thier part

0 Likes