Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
BigDJH
Member

Hearing a lot of disturbing news. Verizon is DELAYING delivery of the T-BOLT until the 24th because they want the 14 day period to run out on the iPhone4 so that buyers cannot return them if suffering buyers remorse.

 

Say it ain't so!!!

 

Lot's of people waiting for the T-Bolt and you are seriously delaying delivery so you can stick people with phones they don't like...I mean I think it's funny for all the people who went nutso with the iP4, but c'mon...penalize those who want the T0bolt?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
dirkbonn
Sr. Member

Just saw a Thunderbolt commercial on TV.  Didn't give a release date or anything.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

 


BigDJH wrote:

Hearing a lot of disturbing news. Verizon is DELAYING delivery of the T-BOLT until the 24th because they want the 14 day period to run out on the iPhone4 so that buyers cannot return them if suffering buyers remorse.

 

Say it ain't so!!!

 

Lot's of people waiting for the T-Bolt and you are seriously delaying delivery so you can stick people with phones they don't like...I mean I think it's funny for all the people who went nutso with the iP4, but c'mon...penalize those who want the T0bolt?


Sorry then people are not very bright...  Why hold onto a device if they don't like them?  Seems asinine to me.  

 

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
toughbook
Novice

If I was Verizon I would do the same thing, and I hope you would to. It will cost them millions of people caught onto that. Guess who ends up paying for that cost? They sure as heck don't. Remember they are in business to make money, not to keep ALL of the cellular customers in thne world happy at all times. 

 

I am ususlly the 1st one to run out and grab something that's new. This time something kept telling me that I should wait. I waited a week I think, heck I might see what comes out within 30 days. I thought it wa 30 days to return a phone, not 14?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
dirkbonn
Sr. Member

Tidbits wrote:

 


BigDJH wrote:

Hearing a lot of disturbing news. Verizon is DELAYING delivery of the T-BOLT until the 24th because they want the 14 day period to run out on the iPhone4 so that buyers cannot return them if suffering buyers remorse.

 

Say it ain't so!!!

 

Lot's of people waiting for the T-Bolt and you are seriously delaying delivery so you can stick people with phones they don't like...I mean I think it's funny for all the people who went nutso with the iP4, but c'mon...penalize those who want the T0bolt?


Sorry then people are not very bright...  Why hold onto a device if they don't like them?  Seems asinine to me.  

 


I somewhat agree, because most people who have opted for an iPhone are not usually Android candidates. They like the seamless operation of the Apple OS and it ease of use.  They don't want the hassle that comes with the customization possibilities of Android.  I mean this in no way to be derogitory to fans of the iPhone.  My wife and daughter have iPhones and love them.  Wouldn't switch if you paid them.  We just switched them from AT&T to my Verizon account on Monday.

Actually if I had to guess, it was Apples idea not to have any smartphones released to close to the iPhone release.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

 


dirkbonn wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

 


BigDJH wrote:

Hearing a lot of disturbing news. Verizon is DELAYING delivery of the T-BOLT until the 24th because they want the 14 day period to run out on the iPhone4 so that buyers cannot return them if suffering buyers remorse.

 

Say it ain't so!!!

 

Lot's of people waiting for the T-Bolt and you are seriously delaying delivery so you can stick people with phones they don't like...I mean I think it's funny for all the people who went nutso with the iP4, but c'mon...penalize those who want the T0bolt?


Sorry then people are not very bright...  Why hold onto a device if they don't like them?  Seems asinine to me.  

 


I somewhat agree, because most people who have opted for an iPhone are not usually Android candidates. They like the seamless operation of the Apple OS and it ease of use.  They don't want the hassle that comes with the customization possibilities of Android.  I mean this in no way to be derogitory to fans of the iPhone.  My wife and daughter have iPhones and love them.  Wouldn't switch if you paid them.  We just switched them from AT&T to my Verizon account on Monday.

Actually if I had to guess, it was Apples idea not to have any smartphones released to close to the iPhone release.


I agree as well.  I like Android and is fun to play around with, but sometimes...  It's like bleh wish I had a feature phone...  I am leaning on getting a 4 for myself...  My D2 is alright, but looking at the i4 that my wife has, and the bars she gets compared to me...  

 

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
PJNC284
Sr. Member

 


Tidbits wrote:

 

Sorry then people are not very bright...  Why hold onto a device if they don't like them?  Seems asinine to me.  

 


you obviously don't know Verizon very well.  Do you really think it's a coincidence that Verizon made all these policy changes around the iPhone 4 launch? And you'd be surprised at the number of people who would exchange just because it's new.

 

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
Tidbits
Sr. Leader
Still though I still don't see how 10 days is not enough to know if you like it or not. If you know what I mean. If I didn't feel like a device won't work for me it's out of my hands within the first few days. I can't see myself holding onto something that I don't like.
0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
BigDJH
Member

Pretty sure within 5 days of it in my hands, I will know if it will work or not. I think 14 is great, but opens the door during situations like these.

 

Im just glad I didn't HAVE to HAVE an iPhone...and waited for the better technology

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt RELEASE!!!
BigDJH
Member

Now they are saying 2/21 release...someone is getting itchy I think

0 Likes