Thunderbolt Reboot Issue & GPS
powerplaygraphi

WHEN WILL AN OTA FIRMWARE FIX BE COMING FOR THE THUNDERBOLT REBOOTS?!?!?!?!?!

My once great phone has been reduced to a constant stream of reboots at the most inconvenient times.  I won't bother taking it back to try and swap it since it's in the software/firmware and not a hardware flaw.  I wish they would either issue a new firmware flash that reverts it back to it's previous state or FIX THE DARN REBOOT ISSUE.  I had someone ask me if I recommended the T'bolt (someone looking to switch off of Blackberry) and I was hesitant to say YES because of the reboot issue.  

Also, when will the T'bolt fix the GPS lock-in issue? Ever since I've had it, it's taken several minutes to find a GPS signal, even in the clearest, strongest connection areas around.  My Droid picked it up immediately almost anywhere.  There HAS to be a fix for this coming soon.  

ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt Reboot Issue & GPS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try looking in the Thunderbolt forum on this community. There are several threads started by others discussing the same issues.

Here's one to start you with.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Rebooting-after-update/m-p/550878#M4839

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
andy_equus

Hey folks this is equus, a new member here, but have been a meber at VCC for a long time. Since yesterday 3PM CST my TBolt has rebooted on the hour like clock work. I donot have any market apps nor is it rooted nor was it ever rooted. I have gone thru the whole dance of hard reset and battery pull but have not done the lamb sacrifice and rain dance yet !!. I am at my wits end and will give this another week and then trade it back for my Droid X. I am NOT going to get a replacement device from VZW as I have read nothing but horror stories about that. What a let down. I had no problem till yesterday even though I kept reading others having this issue and somehow somewhere I got jinxed.

I don't use GPS so that is not an issue for me, even though it has horribly failed too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I know how frustrating it can be to have the phone power cycling on its own. We do recognize this is an issue and we are partnering with HTC to determine a root cause and resolution for this issue. We will communicate that information to our customers as soon as a fix is available, and that software update will be pushed to the device. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes