Thunderbolt can't open pictures off SD card.
rwrogers11

My TB has been working fine for about a year now.  Then last night, it wouldn't open the pictures anymore.  So I removed and reset the battery, the SD card, etc.  I can pull the card out and open it on my pc, so problem.  I copied all the stuff I wanted off of it just to be on the safe side.

So is there a fix for this, do I have to format the card and put it back in, what do I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt can't open pictures off SD card.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
First, the Tbolt has only been available since March 17, 2011 which was five months ago.

If the Tbolt can't read the sd card, it might better to copy the entire contents of the sd card to a folder on your computer. Reformat the sd card and then copy back the contents doing so one folder at a time. You might be able to locate the damaged file/folder if you copy each folder separately until you have all of them copied back to the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt can't open pictures off SD card.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
First, the Tbolt has only been available since March 17, 2011 which was five months ago.

If the Tbolt can't read the sd card, it might better to copy the entire contents of the sd card to a folder on your computer. Reformat the sd card and then copy back the contents doing so one folder at a time. You might be able to locate the damaged file/folder if you copy each folder separately until you have all of them copied back to the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes