I am seeing tons of problems all over with the calender not synicng with Exchange 2010 SP1 servers at all. Are you guys aware of this issue? Does anyone else have the same problem?
I cant get my calendar to sync either, i am workoing off my google calendar still doenst sync. Wondering if I am missing something?
Haven't tried my gmail calender, but my exchange calender will not sync at all. Ive tried to hard reset, resetup account...no dice. Works fine on a Exchange 2007 server, but on our Exchange 2010 SP1 server it will not.Very annoying.
I could not get HTC to work. It would copy over some of the contacts and some of my calendar appointments, but not all of them. Called HTC support they had several suggestions, none of which worked. I finally had to sync my phone to my Outlook (not Exchange) using myphoneexplore app. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! Highly recommend.
Yeah I know that will work, but I dont want to sync over my computer I should be able to via ActiveSync directly to the server itself. There has to be some form of a issue.
I found a solution to this that worked for me. Go into Outlook and view your calendar items in list view, highlight them all and add a category. Then remove the category from all items. After doing this my calendar syncronized on the first try. Whoooo Hoooo!
I am having this problem. My calendar items are already in multiple categories and it would take a long time to redo them all.
I have located a possible fix for this issue. If you are able, have your domain admin delete your account then re-add it. Make sure you export all mail to a .PST for safety. Once you do this, Android will sync.
In the event this does not resolve the issue, we ask that you call us from an alternate number, at 1-800/922-0204 for troubleshooting.
Deleting an account/mailbox is a bad idea. You're not likely to find an admin willing to do that.
Deleting the device's sync from the account is another thing - that's no big deal. If that's what you meant, you should clarify.
Also, making a PST backup of a mailbox and recreating the mailbox is messy - not recommended, especially for something so trivial as a phone sync. Just take the Thunderbolt back and tell Verizon that the product is incomplete. Then pick up ANY other Android or even a BB (if your company supports BES), since they function out-of-box.
It's apparent that the issue is with the sync coding that's baked into the Thunderbolt, not the domain account or exchange mailbox.
When OS 2.2 was released, the sync baked into the original Droid broke and it took months for that to get resolved. (I think Motorola was even buying users the full version of Touchdown to compensate). Right now the QA teams between Google and Verizon (and now HTC) don't rank very high to me.
From what I understand, the Thunderbolt is only syncing newly created/modified calendar events, and some (all?) events accepted in Outlook don't push to the phone. Why is that? And yes, this is where deleting and re-creating a mailbox *might* "fix" this issue (I haven't and won't bother testing this), but only because all the calendar events may be re-created when you copy the backup calendar back. But that's not a solution. That's a sloppy patch job that puts the responsibility on company admins... The easier, faster, and better solution becomes this: "We don't currently support the HTC Thunderbolt here at [company name] as it is incapable of syncing fully with Exchange"
Here's what I think HTC/Verizon/Google (all those that are responsible for this epic QA fail) should do:
1) acknowledge the users (us) and tell us their aware of the issue with their product.
2) put their heads together and fix it instead of passing the buck around