Thunderbolt got ICS - want to go back to Gingerbread!
sojerner2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night they pushed an OTA and forced ICS onto my Thunderbolt without my consent.

How do I go back to Gingerbread?

NO I DID NOT SAY OK, it was updated by force, and I woke to to a phone that ICS on it.

Gingerbread was working fine - whatever happened to the old addage "if it aint broke don't fix it" ?

So, again - IS THERE A WAY TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO GINGERBREAD ????

Thanks!!!

P.S. SHAME ON VERIZON FOR PUSHING THIS OUT WITHOUT WARNING AND WITHOUT AN OPT-OUT OPTION!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt got ICS - want to go back to Gingerbread!
Fonzoid

Me also.  No consent given.  No phone will not work unless speaker phone is on.   Verizon may be history with me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Sojerner2,

I am sorry to hear that Ice Cream Sandwich is not working out for your liking.  With any upgrade it does not allow the device to go back to previous opereating system.  Rooting your device with a ROM not orginally from the maker of the device and Verizon Wireless can cause issues with the device and Verizon Wireless does not recommened to Root your device.  I am sorry for the issues this has caused.

Warrenm_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See link for the original message.>

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sigh...with any major update, a hard reset is ALWAYS recommended. Do it and your problems will be resolved. And a software update does NOT void your contract.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

The software is considered in the T&C.   And yes this is considered negligence.  BTW a hard reset does nothing for the poor performance as many have described in this forum and in other venues

0 Likes
ronzos

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations and for discussion of device hacking per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/935765#935765 for the original message.>

0 Likes
ronzos

A WHOLE NEW OPERATING SYSTEM IS NOT A SOFTWARE UPDATE

software update is to fix or improve something you already have

0 Likes
Fonzoid

Good point!   My sentiments exactly.  The little blip we got from Verizon was not an apology, it was a slap in the face!  Pretty sure my next phone is with someone else after this total failure in customer "no service".  Hopefully others will also.  No substitute for market place rejection of your product. 

0 Likes