Thunderbolt its been less than fun and I'm taking Charge
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

As some of you may know I have gone back and forth with my Thunderbolt even though I do like the TB I'm going to take a Charge in exchange to see if it makes any difference. I'm not comparing weight, size, buttons, or UI. I just want something that works at his point. Since I have been following the Thunderbolt forum pretty closely I'll probably drop by to comment but after Wednesday I'll be trolling around the Charge side a bit more. If I have a any good comparisons to share I'll let you know. Although it might be short lived because I'm gong to keep my Thunderbolt till the last day I'm required to send it back and if I don't like the Charge any better I'll probably be back on the Thunderbolt.  

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt its been less than fun and I'm taking Charge
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Good luck with those updates, or should I say lack thereof.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

Good luck with those updates, or should I say lack thereof.

Is the Charge a Samsung??? 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, it's made by Samsung.  It's "Droid" branded so maybe that'll help things but I wouldn't hold my breath.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

but the guys over at xda like samsung, so you have that option

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

From what I've seen, most of the big developers actually loathe any and all things samsung.  Slow updates = slow source code release = slow development.  The Fascinate and other US Galaxy S branded devices really left a poor taste with the developers.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

th fascinate is my second samsung, first was the omnia.  the hardware cant be beat, but yeah the software can be lacking at times.  heck im still on 2.1, its running too good to mess with it

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I am still not sure if I'm going to like the Samsung Droid Charge but like I said at this point I'm just done with the Thunderbolt. It's not so much the devices fault but the people behind it. I have gotten so sick of hearing every VZW reps and HTC reps take on the problems with the device. As far as any updates go I'm not that worried since both the TB and the Charge are currently running 2.2 so there is really no difference. Plus a VZW employee friend of mine has the Charge and is telling me that 2.3 should be out for the device by 2012 at the latest ( fingers crossed ). I have a close friend that has a Galaxy S on tmobile and I found it funny that we were able to update his to 2.2 a while before Verizon pushed the update for the fascinate. I also figure since the two new Nexus S devices are made by Samsung that puts them a little closer to the source for Gingerbread. Kind of like when HTC was at the front with the Nexus One. Although some dislike the physical buttons I miss mine from my Droid X since my 2 year old daughter doesn't understand how she keeps messing up on Angry birds or watching Elmo when she's accidental grazing the captive buttons. The Charge will be getting to my house around Wednesday so I'll be sure to post my feelings about the different 4g option once I get a feel for it. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

GreenRobot wrote:

I also figure since the two new Nexus S devices are made by Samsung that puts them a little closer to the source for Gingerbread. Kind of like when HTC was at the front with the Nexus One.

Those are pure google devices with no UI overlay so it's like comparing apples to oranges.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
They have LG too.
0 Likes