Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbolt not receiving texts! Help
stanboutwell

I have an HTC Thunderbolt. Have never had any problem with it before, have sent and received thousands of texts without a hitch! However, over the past four or five days I have discovered that I am not receiving text messages that others send. They can receive texts from me, but I do not receive their replies. I am missing a lot of important texts from work/family. Other's devices show that their texts were succesfully sent, but I do not receive them. Helphelphelp!!!

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt not receiving texts! Help
sharonnnut
Novice

Sorry... but you need to find a new carrier.. I've had my tbolt for over a year and it has lately begun to screw up like yours is.  Been in contact with Cust Serv and all the vz techs, even with HTC (the phone maker) - they got NUTHIN'!!  What's worse?  They don't CARE.  Been a VZ customer for almost 14 yrs, service & equipment got worse and worse the past few years and now it's at the bottom of the pile.  Try Sprint or T-Mobile - hearing good things about those carriers. Just about anyone is better than VZ now.

Shark144

I have had the following issues with thunderbolt.  These are all regular issues thT have been persisting now for almost 6 months....

- not sending texts (but no indication text was not sent)

- not receiving texts (verified one so man occasions that it cannot be blamed on network traffic or individuals just claiming to have sent text but didn't)

- inability to send mail (mail gets stuck in outbox)

- loss of network connectivity (in both 3G and 4G settings) preventing any online activity

- proximity sensor not working anymore resulting in phone switching to speakerphone or mute while on call

- hanging up on active calls and randomly dialing other individuals

I have spoken to tech support and visited the Verizon store multiple times.  I have done the obligatory:

- factory reset (and reinstall of only small umber of apps)

- swapping out of SIM card

None of these have solved the problem.  So basically I spent $250 for a "smartphone" that doesn't even operate reliable as a friggin' dumb phone.  Additionally I have been paying $30/month for unlimited data but find it impossible to use much of any data unless I am at home hooked up on my wifi.

I have been offered the generous plan of paying $200+ for any of new phones and also losing my unlimited data.  Somehow it doesn't feel right to shell over another $200+ in the hopes that a new phone will deliver the service I should have been getting with my bolt since July 2011.

As a Verizon customer since 1998 (cellular one back then) I expected more from big red.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and getting a different response.  I am struggling with the thought of riding my contract out until July and taking my 4 lines to another carrier.  After all shouldn't $5,000 in service charges mean something?

The only thing I am confident of is I will NEVER buy a HTC device ever again whether I stick with Verizon or not. 

0 Likes
arkham84

It is not an HTC issue. They actually make pretty good phones. It has to do with the Ice cream sandwich software update. I am having the same text issue. After talking to Verizon 4+ times factory resetting and doing other tricks that did not work they told me it sounds like a software issue and that they can not do anything for it. Switching to at&t once contract is up.

0 Likes