Thunderbolt questions - thinking of switching
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I am nearing the end of my exchange period and I am considering changing to the Thunderbolt.  I tried the Charge and I now have the iPhone, which I am more familiar with, however I kind some of the flexibility of Android and 4G too.  

Here are a few questions to determine if the TB is worth making the switch to:

1. How many BT devices will the TB connect to at one time?  I usually connect my iPhone to a BT headset and my car's BT.  I have a 2 phone BT headset  and 2 phones, and sometimes need to have it connected to both.

2. Will my Klipsch 3 button earphones with mic work properly with the TB?  In otherwords, will the mic work and will all 3 buttons work to change volume, tracks, etc.?

3. I saw one user with an iMac issue.  I'm not too concerned about making the connection, but will the TB easily sync with iTunes and iPhoto?  All of my music and pix are there.

Are there any other inherent quirks with the TB I haven't thought about that another iPhone user may have experienced.

Thanks for any replies.

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt questions - thinking of switching
budone
Legend

If you switched from the Charge to the iPhone, you are not allowed to make another switch. Only one swap to a different device is allowed in the 14 day period.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

You know, I knew I should have added that to my post.  This is only true if you purchase at a VZW store.  Best Buy has a 30 day unlimited exchange program.  

Can anyone give me some feedback on this?  I only have a few days left on my exchange period.  Thanks!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

not sure on the BT questions. it won't "sync" with itunes though. you have to find an app (like doubletwist) that will convert the files while you import them from your mac, or convert them on the mac itself and then you should just be able to "copy" them to the tbolt. it's not a true sync.....but you should be able to copy them with no problem, if they are unprotected. i'm not familiar with itunes, but for some reason i was thinking that if it's music you purchased from itunes, there may be limitations on what you can do with the files. jobs is pretty good with locking stuff down. were you able to move music from itunes to your charge?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I used an app called iSyncr to move my music to the Charge.  Almost all of my music is DRM free and in either mp3 or aac format, both of which I believe the TB can read.

My biggest questions are with the BT and earphones.  Anyone??

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
We are getting gingerbread on June 16th.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Love my Bluetooth I have a headset that I love. Can't wait till my phone stops rebooting when update comes out.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U can put the files from the computer onto the SD card even if u put them on itunes not sure if purchase can.
0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Does anyone have any experience with simultaneously connecting 2 BT headsets and/or a BT headset and handsfree car unit simultaneously? 

What about 3 button earphones?  

There is no mention of these feature additions with Gingerbread.  I have to believe that BT is more hardware and the earphones are more software.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I don't know what's in gingerbread.
0 Likes